surgery tomorrow

K

Kjs

and I am getting nervous. I just was remembering what happened when he did this same surgery on my right elbow. That was done in Feb. 2006. I was suppose to have a block, and twilight sleep. When I woke up my throat was so soar I couldn't talk or swallow. Found out that I tried to hit the doctor so they had to shove a tube down my throat. I am worried that will happen again. And husband has to take difficult child to the cardiologist at the same time as surgery. My older son will be meeting me there at 9, surgery is at 9:30. I need to be there at 7:30.

I should be home by noon, I am hoping. worried because I will be alone. Nobody wants to come, I told easy child he has to. He is back home now, with no job. Ofcourse he is not going to be home tonight. Off to watch the Packers game at girlfriends.

Hopefully they won't forget about me.

TerryJ2

Oh, it's Tuesday already! Here comes strength, healing powers, best wishes and pain relief, through the DSL line.
You'll be fine ... it's the waiting part that's scary. Peaceful thoughts.

:bath:

Star*

call 911........call 911
SENDING YOU ALL THE POSITIVE VIBES I CAN (and a side of valium) for a successful surgery without the jitters and worries.

One word kiddo....

LAYITDOWNNNNNNNN

Hugs
Star

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yep. The worst part of it is always the waiting and anticipation.

Sending positive thoughts your way.

(((hugs)))

mstang67chic

Going Green
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kjs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I was suppose to have a block, and twilight sleep. When I woke up my throat was so soar I couldn't talk or swallow. Found out that I tried to hit the doctor so they had to shove a tube down my throat. I am worried that will happen again. </div></div>

I would tell the anesthesiologist about this. It could have been a reaction to whatever they gave you and maybe they could use something else. I had a colonoscopy recently and don't remember a thing because of what they used to sedate me with. Also, had a surgery on the tushie and they did a spinal block and sedation. Ditto on the memory for that also. I'm not sure what they used but I liked it! LOL I know there is some stuff that is used that is "affectionately" called Milk of Amnesia. Frm what I've heard it's tolerated well by most and is very fitting of it's nickname.

Good luck and here's to a speedy recovery!

:doctor: :nurse:

susiestar

Roll With It
Well, considering the doctor appointment I had today, slugging the doctor seems reasonable. BUT you will be seeing a different doctor. So save the blows for the idiot I saw today!!

The reaction of hitting could very likely be the medications they used. Tell them about it and if you have any info on what medications they gave you (if you will be at the same hospital or surgery center they should have records) so maybe a different medication can be used.

At the very least they could put restraints on your arms?

Sending my most powerful juju to speed you to recovery on the wings of the fairies!

Susie

Lothlorien

I second the vote for telling anesthesiologist. I'm shocked that they put the tube in for that....seems like they usually do that only if you need to breath, like if your throat was beginning to restrict to oxygen. Something sounds fishy about that story they told you.

I just looked at the time, though. It appears you probably won't see this until after the surgery. I hope all goes well for you, today.

busywend

Thinking of you and sending many positive vibes for a smooth surgery and recovery!

TO :smile: :dance: in no time!!

Estherfromjerusalem

I hope it all went well. I'm sending wishes for a speedy recovery, and hope that you are not in too much pain. Let us know how you are (and if you slugged any more doctors!).

Love, Esther

K

Kjs

Well, I didn't hit the doctor. He decided to put me out instead of a block. (guess he didn't want to risk it). They did have down allergy to two drugs I never heard of. They said I had a reaction to something they gave me last time.

Anesthesiologist was a jerk. I was worried about getting sick, since that had happened when I was put out before. I know they can give you something to help with that. And I was all alone.
This doctor. says "Well, if I could tell the future I wouldn't be here talking to you now would I...I would be in Vegas"

I was sick, doctor went out to the waiting room, easy child did come, and he told him surgery went well, I really needed it..and I wasn't feeling to well so he couldn't see me yet.

I was home by noon, and so ticked off. They called in the pain medication to the pharmacy there. When I went to pick it up I was told that Workman's Comp. denied the prescription because they say it has nothing to do with the injury. WHAT..I just came out of surgery and "it has nothing to do with the injury?" If I wasn't IN pain I wouldn't of needed the surgery to begin with. I paid for it myself.

The numbness wore off by evening and my hand was so swollen I couldn't bend my fingers. Skin was shiney it was stretched so much. Didn't sleep well, on and off. But I did really well. Only took ONE pain pill since I came home.

I do have an excuse now to go to a hair place to have my hair washed and dried. I cannot get my arm wet for ten days. So..guess it will be a sponge bath and hair salon. I have long hair and cannot even reach my head with my left arm.

Thank you for all the good thoughts and wishes.

Going back to work Thursday night/Friday morning. doctor doesn't want me to, and I don't have a release. But I didn't tell anyone there I was having surgery. I can't afford the time off.
easy child will drive me at midnight, and pick me up at noon. I have a stick shift, and don't know if I can drive with one hand. If they ask for a release, I will have to leave. I had off Tuesday and Wednesday. I don't lift anything. Lucky if I lift a pen. Just will have to type with one hand.

TerryJ2

You're going to work tomorrow? Sheesh. I'm sending quick healing powers to you!
I can't believe the anesthesiologist didn't give you an anti-nausea medication b4 he put you under. If it's a relatively short surgery, that's pretty commom practice nowdays.
Good luck!