the best medication for panic attacks

G

guest3

Both of my difficult child's have really been making me stress these days , and I have struggled with panic/anxiety attacks sense 2001 when I was assaulted. They have been occurring tenfold over the past 2 weeks, and I am considering going back on medications. Dr. is recommending Wellbutrin, but some one else told me that made them evil/nasty. I don't need that either. Was just hoping for some opinions?? thank you

smallworld

From www.crazymeds.org:

What are Wellbutrin / Wellbutrin SR / Wellbutrin XL's FDA Approved Uses: Depression, Smoking Cessation (as Zyban)

What are Wellbutrin / Wellbutrin SR / Wellbutrin XL's Off-Label Uses: Weight Loss, Bipolar Depression, ADD/ADHD, Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, Chronic Fatigue, Multiple Sclerosis, Lupus, Headaches, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)

As you can read, Wellbutrin is not approved for panic attacks; in fact, anxiety and agitation are listed as possible side effects of Wellbutrin. Honestly, I'm not sure why a doctor would choose Wellbutrin for panic attacks, but you're going to need to ask him/her.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Just a note: When I was taking wellbutrin XL, I developed anxiety and was put on xanax as needed. I have since stopped wellbutrin and still take the xanax as needed, mostly to settle down at night and fall asleep.

I have an appointment with my doctor to discuss alternative anxiety medications on Fed 6th - will let you know what she says!