Therapy with Jessica

susiestar

Roll With It
We had Jessica's first therapy session today. I could not get a return call from any of the counsellors on our insurance, or her old one, so I contacted the local university.

We met with a young man for the intake. I spoke privately with him to let him know some of the issues BEFORE I told Jess all of them. Mostly the crud with my mom. He was great.

Jess was honest and forthcoming. I think she will really start to heal. We will be assigned a counsellor in the next few weeks, this was just intake. But he took lots of notes and really seemed to care. I had therapy there a couple of times and had good outcomes in reasonable time frames, not therapy forever as some tdocs have tried with us. It will be more expensive than our copay, but my mom offered to pay so I will let her.

Jess had a really really hard doctors appointment before the counselling. If we don't get things working in 2 days we may hospitalize her. I really do NOT want anything done in the ER, I will go to the city my husband works in and use one of the ERs there, ours just is too ignorant. And to insensitive.

I am proud of her, she really handled everything well, and on very little sleep because she had a bad night.

So we are progressing.

Hugs to all, thanks for all the prayers and suggestions. I truly think that she will need to be hospitalized, but the doctor wants to try one more thing. Fingers crossed,

Thanks,

Susie

F

flutterbee

I'm glad it went well. That's a big, positive step for Jess.

I'll be sending good thoughts that she doesn't have to go to the hospital. I hope she's feeling better soon.

(((hugs)))

Star*

call 911........call 911
I am so impressed with Jess!

She's an incredible young lady - sounds like she's trying very hard - for that ... :bravo: :you_go_girl:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
You have every reason to be proud of that young lady of yours. I'm optimistic that she's looking for a way to heal. Shows a great deal of maturity & understanding on her part. :singer:

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Well, sounds like she is holding it together. Hope it continues and she gets the problems sorted out. Hope that happens sooner rather than later also.

Hugs
Beth