They took away my license.

Californiablonde

Lol, Janet I'm already sneaking to the grocery store on my way home from work. I just hide the groceries in the trunk. If I get pulled over I will just say I'm on my way home, which technically isn't a lie. The officer doesn't have to know that I stopped anywhere. Tonight I am going to stop on my way home and get some fast food for all of us. I am going to hide the food in the trunk till I get home, lol. It's going to be a bit harder in the summer time because I don't work so I can't go to stores on my way home from any place, except my meetings, that is. I'm finding little ways to get around it. Yep this is my first DUI and hopefully my last. I can tell you one thing, no matter how bad my anxiety attacks get, I am not going to take another benzo. Not unless I plan on not driving for the next 24 hours. My arrest has gotten me paranoid to take anything.

InsaneCdn

It's going to be a bit harder in the summer time because I don't work so I can't go to stores on my way home from any place,
Maybe you need a "part-time" job... like a couple of hours, once or twice a week.
Like... packing groceries at the grocery store? That would solve the grocery shopping problem.
(yes I'm being silly, but maybe there's some other ideas out there?)

witzend

Honestly I dont think they are going to be that strict. This is your first DUI I think right? I am astounded they actually did all this. Here it takes having at least 2 or more DUI's before you get more than a fine.

Geez, no wonder they drive so awful here!

buddy

MN passed laws like this too. First time lose your license. Happened to my sister maybe 5 years ago. She was chosen as the driver because she had only had two all evening (comfirmed ..LOL not the standard line people tell the officer ) she realized she didn't want to be in an exit lane so crossed back a little late and a cop caught her. She blew atiny bit over the limit but under the old limit ...her luck. It was awful. Single mom ...two kids ..very familiar. She is paranoid now too.
I do think you'll be fine if you get food for your kids on tthw way home. Hugs

DDD

I know it varies from one locale to another but truthfully I would be very very very careful in trying to expand the outer limits of the legal parameters. Honestly I admit I am a bit paranoid about law enforcement after living in this area for decades but....really ugly things can happen to basically nice people. All it takes is one unhappy cop or a Judge having a bad day. The bottom line is that you really need to follow the rules if you want to remain at home with the kids....as highly stressful as they may be, lol. DDD

Californiablonde

I don't want to take any chances either, but honestly I think I'm safe if I go to the store and hide the stuff in the trunk. The cop is not going to know where I just came from. The grocery store is on the same street I take to get to the freeway after work. I'm more worried about picking up the kids from the boys and girls club. The street is on my way home but it would make more sense for me, if I were to be driving straight home, to take another street closer to my home. The freeway exit I get off of to go to the boys and girls club is one exit sooner than the exit to go home. Hopefully an officer won't really notice or care what streets I take to get from point A to point B. Anyway, picking up the kids is a must so I gotta chance it and hope for the best.

witzend

I know it varies from one locale to another but truthfully I would be very very very careful in trying to expand the outer limits of the legal parameters. Honestly I admit I am a bit paranoid about law enforcement after living in this area for decades but.... DDD

Seriously? Florida has law enforcement problems?

:smartass:

Sorry - I couldn't resist! ;)

Lothlorien

We don't have restricted licenses here. If you lose it, you are plain old scroooood. They are extremely strict in NJ.

Last edited:

susiestar

Roll With It
Find all the AA/NA and Celebrate Recovery meetings in your area. There may be an afterschool meeting that you could go to near the kids school. Celebrate Recovery is a christian 12 step group. I would make sure there are meetings around and work the grocery, etcc.... around that. If there is alateen after school it is usually near the school, at least here, and it can be a place to take the kids. won't hurt them even a tiny bit to go to meetings, and might help them and you. It is an alcohol program, and it should count. The form did not specify what program or where.

I would be super careful about anything extra though. Also ask the atty to ask the court if you can take your kids to school. the witch on the phon was an idiot, and talking through he tushie, though most of the people she sees probably use excuses a lot. Still no excuse for her to speak to you that way.

One of the AA sayings is "other people's opinions of me are none of my business." This very much applies to the nasty lady.

This is EXACTLY why I drive very rarely - my medications don't make me feel wierd, but I still worry.