This is getting so annoying

I was better a week ago than I have been the past few days. I am having a HORRIBLE time breathing! I understood it when it was real hot and humid...

...but it's been cooler and dry the past couple days. I've been taking my emergency inhaler as often as I am allowed to, and still it is very hard to breathe. I stay inside (in the A/C) as much as I can, and have not gone back to smoking. Yesterday, I coughed so much I got sick.

I'd go back to the ER, but they would just give me the nebulizer, which would shoot up my BiPolar (BP) to 150 and make me a shaky wreck.

Aw hell. I don't know what I should do.


BBK, is it possible you still have a bacterial infection that was not completely treated by the interrupted course of antibiotics? Is there an antibiotic you could take that you're not allergic to but would still kill the crud?

I hate to say it, but you need to be seen by a doctor. The sooner, the better. Hugs.
Know what, Small world? I had not thought of that. I never did finish the antibiotic. I took the one dose and stopped because I broke out in the rash. Also, when I was in the hospital, my white blood call count was low, indicating an infection, but I was SO sick, I don't remember what was done about it.

I think I am going to go to sleep shortly, and keep my phone near me. In the morning, I will go back to the ER. Again.

Thank you.


Well-Known Member
BBK--in December, on my birthday, I ended up with a bad case of baterial pneumonia. I thought it was the flu and waited a few days to see the doctor. By the time I made it there I had spent the whold night coughing up blood---scared the be-jee-bees out of me. I ended up spending 8 days in isolation while they pumped me full of 3 different antibiotics. Please get to the dr. soon.
Hello everyone and thank you for the well wishes.

I never made it to yesterday morning. Well I never made it till the sun came up. I woke up at 2AM Friday, coughing and wheezing. The Albuterol did nothing for me. Eventually I coughed so hard I threw up again. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif
I finally decided to just drive myself to the ER. I got there at about 5AM. By 3PM, they admitted me. This was after a good 3 hours of nebulizer treatments. I was SO shaky, and my heart rate was pushing 140. But, I could finally breathe. In fact, my breathing was SO good, I didn't need an inhaler until after breakfast today. They let me go home at 11:30 this morning.

They do not think it is asthma. It is not an infection. They do not believe it is pneumonia. Their best guess (as internists) is bronchitis, possibly triggered by allergies (adult onset). I go for those pulminary function tests a week from Monday. I will know more then.

So I have nothing new to do as a discharge plan. They want me back at the ER if I can't breathe again. Sigh. I am just so happy I got out today. Tomorrow is Tink's competition. If I had missed that, she would have been crushed, and I think I would have been even more crushed.

God was watching over me! :angel: