Time of year

K

Kjs

Is this typically a rough time of year for difficult child's?

I am experiencing and reading a lot about anxiety issues, and school issues. I don't recall so many dealing with the same issues at the same time before.

Oh...a lot of husband issues too. Why is it that we are expected to keep it all together 24/7 - 365 ! Which you all know I don't.

Aaaggghhh. counting down the days until summer.

Janna

Yanno, I stopped all the charting and stuff long ago to be able to pinpoint with certainty when things happen, just because, well, with D, it is so inconsistent it doesn't matter LOL!

But, I do know that although his anxiety (the bossy, being in everyone's business part that looks like bossy but for him is really awful anxiety) part was really high with his siblings, all the other stuff (anger, aggression, disrespect, etc) was not existent over the summer.

And, it seems to me (I hate to say this, I know it's going to sound like blame) that every stinkin' year he goes to school and gets around these other kids (of course, he's in the ED classes all the time, THAT is coming to a screeching halt via Due Process) things get worse. Worse, worse, worse.

I dislike school very much in general. I think school is the root of alot of problems for alot of kids, and by now, many are just sick of it. We're 1/2 way through.

In hindsight, it makes me very sad I don't have the patience or tolerance to have D around me 24/7. I would have loved to homeschool him, I think he would have thrived and his behaviors would be much different. Unfortunately, I'd have triggered a high blood pressure stroke.

I'm sorry things are hard. I can't wait for summer either.

tiredmommy

I've been thinking for a few weeks that March Madness started early this year. A lot of our kids are struggling. Whereas typical kids get spring fever; ours go through the roof!

robinm1922

One day at a time
This is the first time I have had to watch my difficult child sink! It is the hardest thing I have ever done to date, I have to look at school as a life lesson right now. She needs to learn how to motivate herself to complete daily tasks starting with school. If she can't figure it out now then she is in for a lot of problems once she is in the working world. She has testing scheduled in the next two weeks to see what exactly we are dealing with, that should help things out. Until then it is a wait and see and maybe fail thing.
I have been looking into the online high school but not sure I want to go that route. She is very social and I think that keeps her more "stable" than anything else.
One day at a time and baby steps that is all I can do right now.

It does seem funny more people I talk to at work the more I find out there are a lot of kids having depression issues along with a lot of other things.
Best of luck to everyone!

crazymama30

yep, I see it with husband more than difficult child. difficult child has baby cycles compared to husband. psychiatrist just doubled husband's ap. difficult child got a little honery for a week, but has settled nicely. At least at home, who knows about school. At least I have not been called.

house of cards

I think it is when there is a mood disorder componant to the diagnosis. Major has a hard time now, my next 2 just continue as they are, my little ones I'm still watching to see...I wouldn't be surprized if Monster has trouble at this time but so far, so good.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG you mean the rest of you only have a time of YEAR for this? Dude is like this 24/7 -

and then? I got earplugs and detached.....

Good to see a smile on your face KJS - :D