Trader Joe Favorites?

mof

Momdidntsignupforthis
I miss trader Joe's...none here. Oddly, my favorite product was not food, but their sea salt body scrub, just 4.99....where other brands were 24.00....

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Their frozen fish is very good too and I'm not a fan of frozen fish. My dogs love their chicken chewy things. I love all their produce that is already washed and chopped like their brussell sprouts. I don't go weekly but this thread is making me want to make a run this weekend!

runawaybunny

Administrator
Staff member
Frozen: orange chicken, melodious blend (red and white lentils with green garbonzos)

Fresh: Italian country salad, shishito peppers, kumatoes (brown tomatoes)

They also have a good brown mustard and I like their baked plantain chips.

susiestar

Roll With It
All of this sounds wonderful! I really like the employees because they all seem to be having a good day. We had to ask someone at the desk to help us get the small bottles of lemon mineral water because the display was out but there was one case in the back stock by the desk. She was doing something else, but was not at all bothered to help us. On our first trip, J and I were talking about trying their packaged sliced smoked gouda and a manager heard us. He walked to the cheese case and just opened a package and offered us each a slice. It was really nice and rather surprising. It wasn't something being sampled that day. Of course it was great business because he gave the rest of the slices away and more than half of the people who tried a slice also bought a package.

I am making a ilst of what you recommend and will be getting some on the 15th when I go back for an appointment.

AppleCori

I'm making a list, too!

Especially the quick, easy, and healthy foods (the chocolate stuff temps me, too, though)!

I am going to the state fair this month in Des Moines and may have time to stop by. If not, I am going to TX over Labor Day, so will stop by there then.

Thanks for the tips!

pasajes4

I love the TJ next to the Quarry shopping center. You can go from TJ to Whole Foods in less than a min. plus interesting restaurants and some high end browsing (I am to cheap to pay those prices, but looking is free).

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
I shop for clothes on line. Fill up that cart!! Then I never buy it. It does kind of help! LOL

AppleCori

My daughter says the one off Blanco & 1604 is nearest to her new house that she is buying.

She is moving from the Northwest side to the Northeast side.

AppleCori

I think it's a decent neighborhood. At least I hope. It's hard to find a starter house in a good neighborhood in SA.

Years ago we lived in Boerne, and I had a house outside 1604, out of the city limits, but never on the Northeast side.

AppleCori

She put in an offer the day after the house came on the market, and there was four other offers!

It is such a crazy market there!

pasajes4

I want to live in Boerne. It has become a very desirable location. It is a good time to sell and a bad time to buy. The market is crazy good here right now. I wanted to sell and relocate, but a paid off house sounds really good right now. I would rather build the cash up then take on another mortgage at 63.

AppleCori

Yes, I did love Boerne.

My son went to the high school there, and liked it.

My daughter thought about living out of SA, but she decided on the Northeast because most of her clients are located around Stone Oaks, as well as her office. She will have an easy drive.

AppleCori

I want to live in Boerne. It has become a very desirable location. It is a good time to sell and a bad time to buy. The market is crazy good here right now. I wanted to sell and relocate, but a paid off house sounds really good right now. I would rather build the cash up then take on another mortgage at 63.

Rental prices are ridiculous in SA.

Actually, sale price of houses are very reasonable,compared to many big cities.

Hard to find a low-priced house in a safe neighborhood. Expensive houses, yeah.

Last edited: