Troubled teen

NanaKey

I am a grandma of a troubled 14 year old. I am so torn right now. My daughter and I are on our way to the courthouse to turn him over to the state. I am not sure if this will help him or make him worst by moving him feom home to home. He has very bad outburst when he gets mad. He has fought me and my daugther, hes tried to jump out a moving car, he has broke items in his rage. He has also attacked his then 6 yr old sister.
I dont know what will happen when they take him and that is what troubles me the most. Will I get to see him again once they take him into custody?
My heart is so heavy right now.

AppleCori

Hi and welcome!

I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone, and many here have walked that path before you.

He has left you no other choice.

By attacking your 6yo granddaughter, he has put himself in this situation.

No one knows the future, but hopefully others will come with information on what lies ahead.

I just wanted to let you know that we are here to support you.

Appl

BloodiedButUnbowed

I also want to welcome you to our community. You will find that we understand, in our own way, your family's pain. I am sure you are doing the right thing for your family and your grandson, but at the same time, it is never an easy decision. Please do your best to have faith that everything will turn out OK in the end. You do have to keep other children safe and it sounds like this child must be out of the home for that to happen.

Keep posting!

LAPW

I don't understand you are taking him to the court house and turning him over to them. How does that work?