Try to be nice

Wiped Out

Staff member
and what do we get? We asked easy child if she had any ideas for dinner and she thought chicken parmesan was a good idea. I told her I didn't feel like cooking that tonight (I was tired).

Later husband and I decided to "My Menu"-where they have tons of meals to choose from (frozen, you heat). We found a chicken parmesan for her and bought penne pasta and sausage for us.

We thought she would be delighted but when she saw what husband and I were going to have she became extremely angry. She accused us of getting ourselves something better that she was having.

Seriously she stomped around here like you wouldn't believe-throwing a tantrum, getting angry at everyone. husband offered his to her-she said no-and I told husband no also, that we tried to do something nice and tough if she didn't like it.

She still has not eaten and I'm not going to worry about it.

tiredmommy

Jeez, does she have some serious entitlement issues or what???

I think I'd save the entree for her to have tomorrow because (what the heck!) it sounds like she'll find fault anyway. No sense expending much thought on her meal options. :devil:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
15 yr old girls should be nailed into a barrel and fed thru the bunghole. Seriously.

At her age, she can go in the kitchen and fix herself a sandwich if she doesn't like what's for dinner. She certainly won't starve.

((hugs))

Andy

Yep, definitely sounds like the voice of a 15 yr old female. That is when they really start fine tuning that diva in them. They are starting to prepare for when they get to be 17. You know, when the, "I am almost 18, I can do whatever I want" really comes to the forefront.

Jena

gotta love 15 year old girls, sounds like my easy child can be and get at times. when my easy child wants attention on man does she know how to get it! LOL

i hope you managed to eat your dinner in peace and quiet.

Wiped Out

Staff member
TM-I thought of telling husband to eat it because I know eventually she will want it but it might make her too angry!

Loth-Could definitely be PMS.

Lisa-I like the barrel idea!

Andy-DIVA is definitely the word for her right now!

Jen-We did eat our dinner in peace and quiet. I also had to laugh it wasn't the kind of sausage she would like anyways!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Why ask her what she wanted for dinner then tell her no?
I'm sure I'm confused about what happened.
She sounds like she is wearing her bratty attitude. I wouldn't give her my meal either.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Fran-Guess I wasn't too clear. We were brainstorming dinner ideas (husband and I) and we asked easy child for ideas because she was sitting with us in the room. It wasn't that she was to be able to pick, we just were looking for ideas. She definitely is wearing her bratty attitude!