tweedle dee made it .....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
through her first day of high school & "loves it". She took notes & wrote assignments & such in her new day timer. "Mom, I'm so glad I picked out the back pack I did; 9th graders don't get lockers. First pick of lockers are for the 12th graders, then the 11th graders, down to the 10th graders....by the time it gets down to us there are none left. At least my back pack is "fashionable". :lipstick:

Other than her fashionable back pack & the new friends she's making it took a great deal to get any info out of her. Her first quarter/year will include Spanish, some home Easy Child, history....there are 8 periods per day.

ktbug is still in a contained setting. This is first quarter they will be evaluating her academics & other areas to see where she might be able to mainstream.

kt made it through her first day of high school! :jumphappy::cheerleader:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Yeah for kt!!!!:cheerleader::cheerleader:I'm so glad she had a great first day and am hoping for many, many more such positive days!

meowbunny

Sounds like she has her priorities straight -- friends, fashion. Who cares about classes, teachers, etc.? Not too many 9th grade girls. So, it sounds like a great start to her new adventure. Hope the attitude keeps up without too many bounces. Congrats to all!

M

ML

What a great first day. I'm very glad that she is enjoying herself! Here's hoping she enjoys day 2 just as well!

Andy

Way to go KT!!!

I would call the school and ask about the lockers. Books are way to heavy to be carting around all day!

LittleDudesMom

:cheerleader::cheerleader:Yipee for Kt:cheerleader::cheerleader:

Glad her first day of school was a good one! 8 classes in one day - that's a lot. I love the block schedule my kids are on because it means they only have homework in three or four subjects a night. Which means if it's a busy evening (or a rough one) you get an extra day!! Also, it probably means kt's backback will be really heavy carrying everything for every class. I hope they don't have to carry their textbooks with them! My difficult child has "textbooks at home" in his IEP. He carries his back back around all day by choice - it's a comfort level thing and I think he fears he won't be able to get in his locker!!!!!!!!

Glad the first day was filled with happiness for her. A good start is a great sign!

Sharon

DDD

Sounds like a day to remember for all of you. Yeah team!

Boo..to all schools (like ours) who do not make lockers OR home books
available.

Sharon, that's a great IEP inclusion. I wasn't swift enough to think of that and now we are :D in our last year. Yeah our team!

I hope and pray Kt's able to enjoy most days like she did the first. DDD

trinityroyal

What a great update. So glad to hear that kt enjoyed her first day and did so well. Yes, that locker situation is not good. I think the at-home-books in the IEP might be a good plan.

Yay KT!

Penta

I had goosebumps reading your post. How wonderfully amazing for you all! Your young lady is in high school like all the other kids her age.

I hope her Freshman year is full of friends, fun, and of course some studying as well.

That is such great news.