UAN.... did you tell H your news/decision?

susiestar

Roll With It
Motel. NOW. YOU focus on YOU, sounds like husband needs to go focus on himself for a while before he is healthy to be around. Let him worry about the cost of the motel with you NOT around to hear it.

I am PROUD of you for going to the inpatient program. I am VERY proud of you. I know htis is HARD. If husband cannot grasp it, maybe he needs to be alone a while. You cannot worry about ANYONE until you are healthy and not dying. Period. I hope the hospital has a family program that husband will attend. He NEEDS it. Guy do NOT get it when we are sick. Mine is close to awesome about it but he still has said and done a LOT of things that made things worse for us, esp for me.

Get the help you need. Please. (((((hugs)))))

Ignore husband when he is like this. As I tell my kids, "Sometimes Daddy is for decoration."

Yes, I know. NOT wife-like or supportive. But with my husband? It keeps the kids safe. From a LOT of dangerous things like burning down the house and eating spoiled food that is obviously spoiled because husband refused to put it up after he said he would.

DammitJanet

UAN...I know I have been pitching one hell of a fit about mine for the last month but I do know a thing or two about men. They arent women for one thing. That is one thing that is wrong with them. The part of their anatomy that hangs below the belt just hinders their brains. Its a fact of life we have to deal with. LOL.

Men dont do well with emotions for the most part. They are ones who want to fix things with screw guns and duct tape and hammers. I can beg mine to understand that I desperately need his emotional support and not have him try to fix things for me and he simply doesnt get it until I am completely in tears and having a breakdown and then he is a basket case himself looking like he is as lost as a puppy in the middle of a highway when all along I have given him the road map. Just hug me and tell me it will be okay, dont try to jump in and fix everything because he simply cannot do that for me. I have to fix my stuff.

Lothlorien

How long will it be before you get into the hospital? Pm me. I'm in S. Jersey, but if you want to meet halfway for coffee and a supportive shoulder, I could probably meet you Tues or Wed.

Thank you ! Thank you! I am getting my bloodwork done Monday am, it takes 24 hours to reach Renfrew, then they call me and I go in, there is no waiting list. This is going to be harsh, but I'm just driving myself there alone, I'll call husband when I get there to come and get the car, easy child can drive it home while he drives his truck. I'm not mentioning it until I get there. There are therapists there who can help us, this dysfunctional thing. I can't - I feel like the driver of the cruise ship who abandoned ship, now someone else is taking over. It's gonna have to be a professional. I can really understand husband's frustration, this is my own doing and it is a mental illness. I took some kolonapin, I have a prescription for it now, and feel better. I give up. Loth, you are the sweetest thing and I could cry knowing you would do something so kind for me, thank you so much. Janet, our men are "manly men", we have 3 boys each and "feelings", what are they? I know they are on another planet, I need a daughter!

buddy

UAN!! I bet there are a few moms here who would happily lend you THEIR daughters, LOL!!!!

(yeah, probably not the easy child daughters though, haha)

Steely

I am so impressed with how you are following through on taking care of yourself, despite your husbands major discouragement for the plan. I envy your fortitude -- you are doing the right thing -- help you first -- and the other things will fall into place. Many hugs.