Update on difficult child's stupidity & other stuff

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I'm sorry, I know some people take offense at this word, but I really think that difficult child is a wee bit retarded at times.

According to the Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary.........

Retarded: Slow or limited in intellectual or emotional development or academic progress.

Now, if that doesn't describe difficult child, I don't know what does.

She is back with Monkeyboy. I've felt it in my gut for about 2.5 weeks now and through some investigations and not so fabulous lies and fabrications on her part, it's confirmed (at least for me - she's still denying it).

I am currently detached. Inside I am seething, sad, and afraid. But otherwise, I have taken a step back. I have to. The past month dealing with my mom, etc., has been so stressful - I'm saturated and just don't have the energy for anything else.

She got a job at Marshalls and begins Wednesday. I am hopeful that this will be a turning point for her to be more independent and move away from the dregs of society.

And on another good note, she is off the patch and got the 3-month shot. Much much better without the lack of mood swings she was experiencing, I have to say. I wish we had said yes to this a year ago!

CrazyinVA

Staff member
Argh. How frustrating re Monkeyboy. The job is positive, though, and so is the patch ... we have to hold onto those kinds of things, ya know?! Hugs.

janebrain

HI Jo,
so sorry to hear about difficult child and Monkeyboy but can't say I am terribly surprised. Your dtr reminds me so much of mine that I would have been surprised had she been done with him once and for all. My difficult child's boyfriend either leaves when things get rough and then comes back when she has been rescued by us (but not anymore) or she has lied about the times he left because she figured we would help her if we thought he was out of the picture. Either way, it doesn't say much about the way she deals with things.

Sorry you are all out of energy but glad you can detach. There's really nothing you can do--she knows she has you to support her in her good decisions and there is nothing you haven't done to try to get her quit making bad ones. And it seems to be so hard for these difficult children to get rid of their loser boyfriends--I can't fathom what they see in them but they "love" them.

Take care, many hugs,
Jane

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
The last I heard, the current politically correct phrase is "developmentally delayed" and yes, I think all of our difficult children are daughter. I don't think there's any doubt about it. From the get-go Rob's therapists told us to consider him at least 1/3 younger in years than his peers....so your difficult child is 18 and behaving like a 12 year old. Yep!

I'm sorry to hear about MB, Jo.

Suz

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well, darn it all to heck. So sorry about MB Jo.

And I have to agree, I think a huge portion of our kids are daughter. Knowing that just keeps us from wanting to kill them. lol

Good news about the job and patch, though. Hold on to that. I'm still praying she outgrows MB soon.

((hugs))

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
The last I heard, the current politically correct phrase is "developmentally delayed" and yes, I think all of our difficult children are daughter. I don't think there's any doubt about it. From the get-go Rob's therapists told us to consider him at least 1/3 younger in years than his peers....so your difficult child is 18 and behaving like a 12 year old. Yep!
I'm sorry to hear about MB, Jo. Suz

Yeah, a 12 year old trapped inside a knockout body of an 18 year old~yikes!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Yeah, a 12 year old trapped inside a knockout body of an 18 year old

Jo, that's a huge part of the problem. You have adult hormones messing with an adolescent psyche and it's a recipe for disaster.

Suz