Update on me. :/

goldenguru

Hello dear friends! I have really missed you all.

Sadly, one of the more annoying side effects of my chemo therapy has been the toll on my eyesight. The world has been quite a blur since about December. Computers, tv's, etc. have been the worst. So, consequently, I haven't been on the computer with-o the aide of hubby. Good news is that the world is clearing up. :)

I have officially finished all recommended treatments. 20 weeks of chemotherapy followed by 35 radiation treatments. Sense of humor intact mostly. I am seeing a surgeon on Monday to consult about a hysterectomy. Don't need those parts anymore - figure I might as well be rid of them.

Just as parenting a prodigal child has made me a stronger warrior mom, so has breast cancer made me a stronger woman. So at some point I think I'll actually be glad for this part of my journey.

And for those who care to listen - GET MAMMOGRAMS AND YEARLY MANUAL EXAMS!! Do self checks. It may save your life.

Hugs you wonderful ladies!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
(((hugs))) gg!!!

So wonderful to see you here!! Missed you terribly!! Sounds like a wonderful update to me! So glad your vision is clearing. :D

witzend

I'm soooo glad to see you! I had been concerned that we hadn't seen you for a while! 35 radiation treatments! I'm so sorry! I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better and getting your eyesight back!

DDD

What a nice Easter surprise! I'm so glad you are doing better and so sorry that you have had to face such a lengthly difficult treatment period. Fondest wishes come your way. DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
GG, I've missed you so much. It's wonderful to hear from you today. Thank you so much for touching base- please check in often. :flowers:

Hugs,
Suz

everywoman

It is such a blessing to watch you face this with dignity, grace, and humor. I am in awe of your strength. Thanks for updating.

Fran

Former desparate mom
What a wonderful thing to see you post. I think of you often. You are handling your challenges as you always do, with humor, dignity and warrior woman mentality. It seems to have helped you get through this and is a model for all of us for when we face our own private challenges.

Last edited:
N

Nomad

Wonderful to hear from you. So kind of you to think of us.
You are an inspiration!
Continued good thoughts and prayers.

Mattsmom277

I'm so glad to see your post and to know your vision is clearing. You sound very upbeat which is terrific. I imagine its been a rough while so I hope that you are well on your way to better days ahead. Keep being so strong GG. (((hugs)))

trinityroyal

GG, thanks for posting an update. I am very glad to hear that your vision is clearing.
Continuing to send good thoughts and prayers your way.

Trinity

susiestar

Roll With It
What a wonderful update! I find myself inspired by your strength and humor and determination through the very difficult road you have been on. My thoughts an prayers are with you and yours.

DammitJanet

GG,

How wonderful to hear from you! Im glad you have officially finished all those treatments. Ugh. The hysterectomy should be a breeze after all that!

Was the eyesight problem from chemo or radiation? My dad was recently dxd with lung cancer and has started a round of 32 treatments of radiation treatments. He has completed 14 days now I believe and just started getting some side effects. I hope he has as good an outcome as you sound like you have had.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I hope all the treatments are effective and that you achieve 100% remission! When will you know for sure?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
GG - woo hoo! I love good news. And I am especially glad to hear from you, glad that the world is not so fuzzy for you... !!! :) We've missed you.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Great to hear of your progress! Thinking of you and sending "clearing" thoughts your way.....................