Update on pregnant daughter

DoneDad

Daughter, 27, now due in about a month. Because of good advice on this thread

https://conductdisorders.com/community/threads/pregnant-again.64118/

And ongoing therapy we emphasized to her that we were not going to support or raise any more of her children. She wouldn’t be living here. We won’t be free child care or chauffeurs.

Of course, baby daddy bailed at about the 3 month mark (shocker!). Friend she is staying with said she couldn’t stay there with a baby.

We presented adoption as the only viable option, what’s best for the child and for her, which is the truth.

She saw it was best and is working with an agency, has selected a nice couple, and hopefully will go through with it.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
You've done a terrific job with your boundaries.....I'm impressed. Your daughter is living elsewhere and she is allowing adoption (a win/win for everyone, including the child!)

I sure hope she goes thru with the adoption! Keep us posted as to how it goes.

In any case you stuck to your guns throughout. Great job!

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
That is good news. You have set clear strong boundaries and she knows you mean what you say.
I'm so happy to hear that she is open to adoption. I do hope she will go through with it.
Thanks for sharing with us. Let us know how things go.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
daughter
I know what you have done is the impossible, not so easy to stick to your guns on this especially with baby’s involved.

I am hopeful daughter follows through as well.

wisernow

wisernow
Pat yourself on the back. You have held to your boundaries and beliefs no matter how difficult the circumstances. I hope the adoption does take place and that daughter starts to finally control her life. Hugs to you.