Update

pasajes4

So much has happened in the two days.

I have been taking care of my ex husband for the last several months. It is a long story. He suffers from a dementia brought on by years of alcohol abuse. He is perfectly fine in the present moment, but he forgets everything 5 min. later. He let my dog out to follow him to the store without a leash. The dog was hit by a car and suffered a fractured femur. A neighbor witnessed the incident. His response was to throw his hands up and say oh well it's only a dog. The dog will under go surgery in two hours to repair the damage.

The same day I got a call from my mother. She has a compression fracture of the lower lumbar.

I will be taking care of my precious Gizmo and my mother. The ex's family, who does not want him, will have to step up and deal with him. I can't even look at him.

My 20 year old continues lives in the cottages and has his ups and downs.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so sorry that you are going through so much right now. It was truly kind and generous of you to try and care for your ex. I know you did not do it for admiration, but I admire you for it. I hope and pray your innocent little furbaby comes through this well and with little pain. I hope your mother gets better soon and your life settles down soon.

(((((hugs)))))

Copabanana

PASA. You sound clear and strong. I am sorry about Gizmo but it could have been worse. Better we see upfront when the costs are not so dear and set limits. I hope your mother and the dog are soon better.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Sorry to hear this. I pray that your furry baby makes it through surgery and your mother is okay.

You have a lot on your plate!

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Oh Pasa, I'm so sorry about your dog and your mom. My prayers for both of them to have good recovery's.

((HUGS)) to you.....

pasajes4

Gizmo came through like a champ. He was loopy from the medications. He kept licking the techs. Which he never does. He is not a licker. He even let me kiss his head. He does not like kisses near his face. He will turn his head away if you make kissy noises. He is a cuddle bug who permits you to scratch his neck.

My mother is waiting for another mri and upset that she can't have any wine.

HMBgal

Glad to hear Gizmo is okay. Any chance you could have a little of that wine that your mom can't? My grandmother had several compression fractures of her thoracic spine. No fun. And my ex has wet brain from years of alcohol abuse, too. It's made him very forgetful, but he's functioning on his own, thank heavens.

AppleCori

I'm glad Gizmo is doing well after his surgery!

Hope your mom gets good news and recovers soon!

Have you gotten your ex out of the house yet?

BusynMember

So glad sbout the dog. Many of us love our dogs as family members so I know it is so stressful when they are ill.

I wish you mother well. Do sneak a little wine!

You have a ton on your plate but we are pulling for you and we know you are strong.

pasajes4

He is still here. His family is worthless. I'm looking for intermediate care facility. The ones i have seen are awful.