UPDATED:::CATA Group- New thread!

H

HaoZi

Nomad, don't loose all hope because this group demanded too much with too little understanding. Other juries have convicted people of murder without the body ever being found because the scene itself proved that the victim could not have survived. While it's rare that a DA is even willing to press a case without a body, it can happen.

Nancy

Janet I think Casey will be in califoria with Baez making a lot of money far far away from her parents. I bet they will find in the end that she wants nothing to do with them.

Nancy

DammitJanet

Is Baez married? I give you 10 to 1 odds that if he is, he gets a divorce and they end up married and there are some new little Baez's running around in the near future.

klmno

I think I heard that he is married but also that there was consideration about Casey possibly going to one of her attny's house to stay for a while. Then, I saw a headline (although I didn't read the article) that Baez had to be told many times while visiting Casey in jail to quit touching her. I don't know if I even care about that- if they are that stupid then they get what they deserve. But don't have any kids because it's not a baby's fault or price to pay.

N

Nomad

OMG! I DID think it odd when I heard that Casey might stay with one of her attorneys at his house!
And if some of these rumors are even partially true....yuck! It could explain why that judge was NOT a happy camper and made it clear in his own way that he wanted her attorney off of any future legal work. Who knows...but OMG!

RE: The grandmother/grandparents

My friend feels like they threw little Caylee under the bus by making sure this crime went unpunished.

Nancy

The person that was living in the Anthony home when she was on house detention, I think a female bodyguard, said she often said Baed probably wanted to know what bra size she wore.

Nancy

mazdamama

Sounds like she better head for CA. She will not have state protection once she leaves jail on Weds and although Baez has stated that her defense team will cover security for her I will assume it will be for what they can gain from it. I am not a happy person but know that God will be her final judge. She was all back to normal..no more demure blouses and hair in a bun.....ready to leave before the judge said she would be going back to jail. From what I heard even Cindy Anthoney did not expect her to be released today and she is not welcome back to the family home. Cindy and George's attorney said that they may or may not still file charges against her for the 100s of stolen checks she stole from her mother.
I really wanted her convicted but in some ways this may be better. There is an entire nation out here of people that hate her and she will always have to be looking behind her. Heck, even the XXX people decided to withdraw the offer they made to her because of her reputation.
As for not having evidence, my future brother in law was in a truck accident back in 2001. His semi was run off the road in a small town area and the trailer turned over on a van killing a mother and daughter, two daughters survived. There were no drugs or alcohol involved but because my f brother in law was shook up and speaks with a Haitian accent fifteen months later he was charged with 2 counts of vehicular homicide here in FL. They said he must've fallen asleep at the wheel and jurors of this small town found him guilty without evidence and sent him to prison for two consecutive 15 yr terms. It took a new lawyer, a FOX local station investigative reporter and four white women (my sister and I as well as two sisters of the mother in the accident) to get him out of prison after 3 yrs.

Oh...and I will want to hear how much she needs to reimburse the state for the investigation with all the lies she told. I do think Judge Perry wanted to keep her locked up but had to go by the law but if she makes money off this she owes it back to the state of FL.

N

Nomad

It's rained badly for 1.5 days in Florida.
I do wonder if there are tears in heaven.

DammitJanet

Now...does anyone remember Haley Cummings? The little 4 year old girl who went missing and is assumed dead also in FL not long after Caylee? Her father and step-mom are in jail not for the death but for drugs. The state set them up on drug charges when they couldnt get them to confess to the crime.

I was never as convinced of the culpability of those parents as I was of Casey. I think the state went above and beyond to set them up with the drugs. They had someone from I think Equisearch supposedly befriend the step-mom and she helped set up the drug sting. I think even gave them the drugs. The got one count..or 10 years for every pill. Thats a whole lot.

Why couldnt they set Casey up the same way? Poor white trailer trash? Hmmm.

klmno

I agree. I've thought about that case earlier today, along with the boy from Oregon (I think it was). This week, we had a 16yo ( I think) in this state get arrested for murdering a baby she'd just given birth to but then stabbed to death. They can say it's all the parents' fault but IMVHO, it is our society and our current laws that teaches this entitlement. While some of the people voting these legislators in are parents, I swear I don't think it's parents behind this.

Did you hear that California spent the day approving a law that "defined the meaning of a hot dog".

Seriously- this mess in our society is due to parents' incompetence? No, not incompetence in parental decision. Incompetence about who people are voting for, whether they are parents or not- that's a whole lot more plausible to me.

Last edited:

DammitJanet

And just what is the definition of a hot dog? Is it what I have always thought or do I need to go get a new Websters? Or did CA need to go to the local bookstore and get lost on the way or maybe they just detoured into the local pharmaceutical MJ place and then thats why they had to talk about hot dogs all day long! I think thats probably more likely. I cant think of more of a reason that many folks could sit around for more than an hour and talk about hot dogs! They seem pretty simple to me...lol

N

Nomad

Janet...I'm getting more and more peeved at the grandparents. NOT that I wasn't all along (mind you).
Well, I'm going to do my best to put this to rest.
I do hope some positive changes in the laws come about because of this.
Rest assured, down the road CA will mess up (think OJ) and some way/some how....it will all come falling down on her HARD.

I can't even believe any of this...I'm so angry, how is this possible???? Even the defense wanted a mistrial, at best. Ashton should have taken that, but who knew? Unbelievable outcome! I swear I will never, ever see anything , or read anything from her, Baez, or a juror, they can't have my business. If I ever saw her...I will at the very least, get in one good punch...That Baez, he's the biggest idiot.

on the other hand, do any of you think that a sequestered jury feels a little sympathetic to a defendant? Because....they are kind of in prison, so is the defendant, they feel something toward her (and OJ, by the way) they're sort of in the same boat- they can't go home.

Nancy

Here you go gals:

by ABC Nightline, by Jessica Harper

"It has taken a while for Baez to establish himself as a defense lawyer. Despite graduating from law school in 1997, the Navy veteran was denied admission to the Florida bar for eight years until 2005.

An order by the Supreme Court of Florida states that he was denied admission because of his failure to pay child support to his ex-wife and secure life and health insurance for his teenage daughter. It states that he had previously declared bankruptcy, written bad checks and defaulted on student loans, the court said.

The Florida Supreme Court said his financial mishaps coupled with failure to pay child support 'show a lack of respect for the rights of others and a total lack of respect for the legal system, which is absolutely inconsistent with the character and fitness qualities required of those seeking to be afforded the highest position of trust and confidence recognized by our system of law.'

So I predict Baez and Casey will ride into the sunset. Did you see how they were staring into each others eyes today?

Nancy

donna723

I thought I had heard that he was divorced. Maybe he has remarried. I also heard that he bought a $670,000 house that is now in foreclosure. I may have even heard it here. It does seem that there's a lot of patting and eye-batting going on between the two of them!