Washing his face ...

TerryJ2

This is going to sound really strange, but difficult child washed his face today with-a bar of soap ...
I bought a bunch of Mary Kay products yesterday and remembered that he's been breaking out a lot lately. He insists it's not pimples or zits, they're "bumps."
Oooookay ... so I bought a bar of medicated soap designed for guys. This a.m. he came downstairs, already dressed, with-the soap, and asked how to use it. Uh, it's a bar of soap ... but this is my difficult child so I start from scratch.
He didn't even know to splash his face with-water once he had the soap lathered onto his face. I had to physically take his hand and show him how to splash.
Suffice to say, we both got wet, LOL, but he got clean and I hope it helps the "bumps."
Like I keep saying, I think there's a piece missing here ... :anxious:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
:rofl: Yeah, that's my difficult child 2 -- clueless about some of the most simple things we take for granted. Now that I think of it, husband is that way about a lot of stuff too.

trinityroyal

This is my difficult child as well.
I had to give him detailed written instructions for taking a shower, laminated, in checklist form so that he could take it in with him as a cue card.

1) Turn on the water [ ].
2) Test the temperature of the water and adjust it to your preference [ ]
3) Get in the bath [ ]

I will spare you the rest, but you get the idea. Had to break the process down into about 30 steps before he could get it right.

Terry, glad to hear that your difficult child "got it". I agree with you, there is definitely some loose wiring. Good for you for just giving the instructions and providing the level of detail that your difficult child needs. Hope this does work to clear up the "bumps"

Trinity

jannie

trying to survive....
Terry-
This may be more common than you think. My difficult child is quite active and is often hot and sweaty so we insist on daily showers. Fortunately he complies !! However, I don't think he has every used bar soap to wash his face. I think he only washes his face in the shower...

Love the denial....only bumps;)

Wiped Out

Staff member
This could have been my son we're talking about. husband had a very similar experience when he taught difficult child how. My difficult child is also in denial that it is acne!

SRL

I've had good luck with the disposable acne face cloths. They come in a plastic box which I leave out on the counter in the bathroom. They're quick and easy to use and hold less water than a washcloth and my kids are more apt to use them as part of their daily routine.