Weather check Midwest, North, Northeast

BusynMember

Yes, I left out the West...lol...although I really just meant California and Hawaii. But, really, I'm sure everyone is concerned about the California wildfires. So let us know about that.

For us, It's negative 2 here in Wisconsin with a wind chill much worse and it is supposed to be like this until a week from now. We have some snow on the ground, but the story is it's cold. Its VERY cold. At least the sun is out.

You?

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Feeezing could here as well. And going to be that way for a while. -4 and -10 with the wind chill. Brrrr. Stay warm all.

KTMom91

Here in Central CA, we have no fires and no snow. Temps in the mid-60's during the day, and down to the low 30's at night. Miss KT is in Oregon, and they're having freezing rain and snow. She slid into her parking space at work this morning.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
:freezing::2cold:

My car read -4 this morning. I'm in Northern IL about 7 miles from WI. BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
It's up to 2 above in Milwaukee-land, with windchills of -13. Got down to -7 overnight with windchills of -27.

Have been using the Northwoods parka the last couple of days, instead of my sensible Milwaukee-land winter coat I bought when I came down here and discovered my Northwoods parka was WAAAAYYY to warm for the winters here.

Staying warm but the furnace is running continually. I'm glad that in the fall, when I replaced my car battery, I, without thinking, asked for a battery that was good to -45 below cold-cranking. This AM, several cars didn't start, Mine did, and I jumped off several neighbors so they could get to work and drove mine around for a bit to recharge.

It's supposed to be cold all week, though I think a tiny bit warmer. Not sure about next week, but hoping warmer by next Thursday as Thomas (The orange guy in my avatar) has a vet appointment to figure out what else we can do about his arthritis, and right now it's too cold to take him out.

Hope everyone is keeping warm, and those of you on the wrong side of the Great Lakes are being sensible about shoveling snow. We only got a couple of bands of lake snow before the wind changed.

BusynMember

Seriously, the 60's here is short sleeve, no coat weather. If it's in the higher 70s with humidity, I often turn on the air to get the humidity out of the house. I love 60's to maybe 74.

When hubby and I decided to RV in the winter after his retirement, we researched the southern, SW state's winter weather. Arizona is often in the 80s. Too hot for me. We are now thinking TX would be better. It gets cool at night there too.

Hubby retires in April. RV life is coming next winter!

Lil

I want to retire so I never have to leave the house again when it's no degrees. Sadly Jabber says if they don't keep paying me it's just being unemployed instead of retired. :(

IT'S COLD! :2cold::frozen::coldday:

BusynMember

I give Wisconsinites credit for being either hardy or crazy or both. I worked last night, which had wind chills way below zero, and thought the restaurant may be a bit slower than usual. Just the opposite happened as people of all ages poured in. I got home at 1am, which is late. I work until close, which is 12, unless they need me to help clean up (they did).
I love our guests, but sometimes they puzzle me. Almost to a person they came in complaining about the cold. Many asked for a seat away from the door (It got so busy that we could not accommodate that).

Tell ya, I didn't go out until I had to leave for work and would not have gone out at all except for work.

But in general, dangerous cold doesn't stop Wisconsinites from going out. And I work until close again tonight. Brrrr!

Last edited: