Weekly Good Morning Thread~ Where has the time gone?

tiredmommy

Good Morning. :coffee:

I can't believe it's December 10th already and there are only 3 weeks left until the New Year! What a crazy year it's been!!!!

I'm trying to finish my cookies this week, I still have several varieties to do. Then there's wrapping and I still have a ton of cards to write. It's so hectic but I hope to be done by the end of the weekend so that I can enjoy the rest of the season. Today are chocolate peppermint thumbprints, chocolate oatmeal and possibly chocolate chip.

Duckie is being a pita about doing her homework so she's coming home to find the tv remotes hidden and her iPad put away until its complete. It will be a fun afternoon. Wish me luck, lol!

Have a great day! :warrior:

cubsgirl

All that baking sounds delicious.

I want a quiet day at home but I have a therapist appointment this afternoon and a Church meeting later tonight - which might last long...UGH. So I'm going to enjoy the quiet for now.

KTMom91

It's chilly here in sunny CA!

I'm not doing any baking this year...kudos to you, TM. The cookies sound wonderful.

Hubby worked out of town all weekend and came home with a mountain of laundry, so that's been my project. Hopefully we'll get the tree set up and decorated tonight.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Ladies!

I actually get to say good morning because we had to skip bootcamp this morning due to snow (and the fact that husband is such a good dad that he waited up til midnight for easy child/difficult child to home from work-he hates the holiday hours).

We are in for a super cold day as windchills are predicted to get down to 25 degrees below zero:frozen:

Stay warm and enjoy the day all!

InsaneCdn

I'll trade Wiped Out's wind chill for our wind chill... ours has been between -35 and -45 (or worse) for... way longer than a week. (at -40, the C and F scales cross, so it doesn't matter much which scale I'm reporting on !)

Californiablonde

I am complaining about it being in the 30's here at night time. Even difficult child, who is proned to hot flashes and loves to sleep with the window open in the winter time, is cold. We are keeping the heater on at night and bundling up with lots of blankets. We are spoiled Southern California folks. I don't know how y'all handle below zero temps. I'm grateful we don't get that cold here.

tiredmommy

It's 10F here this morning, it's usually not this cold until next month. :( It's going to take a boatload of coffee to get me going this morning! :coffee2:

On a positive note, husband and I went to dinner with a bunch of his co-workers last night. It was a fun evening. :wine:

Have a great day! :warrior:

myeverything04

My difficult child has decided she doesn't want any Christmas presents this year but I still have shopping and wrapping to do! Our decor was just finished being put up and I have carpets to clean tomorrow for a family party Sunday. So much to do that I feel overwhelmed because I work a 12 hour shift Saturday and then going out for hubbies birthday that night so nothing will get done past Friday.

tiredmommy

Goodness! You're crazy busy!!! Take a deep breath and just do what you can. ;)

I'm up and getting ready to take Duckie to a public school orchestra audition halfway across the county. Not a problem except it's 13F out and we have a winter storm moving in today. Wish us luck!!!

tiredmommy

She got a great score and now we wait to see where she's placed! It snowed quite a bit so I think we'll have a quiet day. I have cookies to decorate and plates
to assemble.

Marg's Man

Weekly thread??? I knew it had been a while since we looked in but crikey!!!
Californiablonde it's been only just over 20 here as well but I mean 20 Celsius which pretty cold for this time of year. Marg was down at church this morning but no swim for her. She's been practicing for our village Anuual Community Carols programme.