Well, I guess I'm already a "have not"

klmno

I normally leave my computer on all the time but shut it down last night. It won't come up this morning so here I am someplace else to use one. When I turn it on, there is a slow flashing orange light instead of a constant green light and I can't even get the CD drive to open so I can try to boot it from a disc. Ideas? Mother board or hard drive? I tried unplugging and re-plugging cords.

This is a big bummer since I need the computer to keep selling stuff but I guess I'll make do....

KTMom91

Hubby says it could be the power supply, but the computer would have to be taken apart to find out.

klmno

Well, I am at the library right now and TG, got the posting to crai**ist to work. I took the side off my computer and thought about it and realized it probably was the power supply because the light never turned green and it never got to the point of trying to load windows or anything. I saw some used laptops listed on *my favorite selling site* and they have some as low as 150. I'm a little leary about that though. If it was a store where you get even a 90 day warranty it might be worth it. How much is a power supply? Trouble is, I doubt I can lug that big system to transitional housing.

I spent a few hours this morning hauling more out of the house to sell tomorrow and my back needed a break before I start on round 2 this evening. I've alternated between crying and mumbling about difficult child (not niceties) the whole time. We could be going to an apt. if it wasn't for his antics and he doesn't get why I blame him for a lot of this?? I wrote him a long letter last night- he's never gotten one like that from me.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Danny said New Egg.com or if there is a Fries near you - he picked up one on New Egg for 30.00, and it was Fed X'd

Marcie

donna723

If that's what I think it is, someone who knows computers can put a new one in in no time. Mine in my old desktop was replaced twice.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
It's not a hard job for a tech, but connecting the PS to the devices and the motherboard can take a bit of work. You'd probaby do best to have a technician do the job for you.

You can get a new PS for around twenty dollars and a tech wouldn't charge much to do the repair.

Pity we don't live nearer as I could easily fix this for you. I've swapped out more PSes than I care to think about. It only takes about fifteen or twenty minutes to make the repair.

klmno

Well, I'm going to find out Monday if it's feasible for me to take my easy child with me and if it is, I'll have it repaired. If not, I'll get a refurbished laptop if I can swing it but if I can't, I might be squinting to use one of those phones Janet mentioned on DDD's thread. LOL! I went to Walmart yesterday to take a look at them- I don't understand the difference between getting a plan that allows "data exchange, email, and texting and web browsing" and the "broadband capabilities". There's a big difference in monthly fees and it might not be worth it- especially if I could get a basic refurbished laptop instead.