Well, I'll Be Darned....

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Nichole evidently has been giving some thought to this acedemic probation she's on at school.

Turns out she emailed the instructor who failed her because she didn't complete her check offs. I don't know what she said in the email, but the instructor agreed to let Nichole make an appoint with her at the beginning of this next quarter to get checked off on her vital signs and such so her failing grade can go back to the A it was supposed to be. This would eliminate the acedemic probation completely.

I admit while I've had this instructor myself and she's one of the easiest the college has, I never dreamed she'd do this for Nichole. Wow. So I made it a point to let Nichole know what a HUGE deal this is.

Then Nichole hunts around in the college directory for a course that teaches a student how to study. I forget what the course is called. (doesn't sound anything like what it teaches) But she's added it to her class list for next quarter!

Be darned.

Could she have had a lighbulb moment? Guess only time will tell, but it just might be.

:rofl:

ck1

Sounds like a lightbulb moment is a definite possibility!!! Way To Go, Nichole for taking care of that bad grade and finding a class that will help with all the others!! I think that's great. Hopefully, too, it won't be too hard. It's nice to have a class that's a little easier if some are hard too, nice to balance them out.

Good for her!

As an outsider, I have seen several "lightbulb" moments in Nichole's life in the time I have been here.

Here is hoping that it is a trend!

Anna1345

That is really a WONDERFUL thing she is doing. she is taking the initiative and going about a solution on her own accord. This makes her success rate increase by leaps and bounds!

When I was teaching at the local community college at our last duty station, I found my BEST students were the ones that were there for themselves, not because mommy and daddy made them or gave them ultimatums. These were the students who did well. They applied themselves and would seek out help when needed. This is EXACTLY the steps she is taking. It is really a WONDERFUL thing! Congrats mama!

F

flutterbee

Good for Nichole! :bravo:

Your daughter is maturing right before our very eyes.

Star*

call 911........call 911
This board auntie just sitting here stunned in total amazement - blink blink.blink blink! WAY TO GO NICOLE! :reading: