We're grandparents!

Marguerite

Just letting you guys know, husband (Marg's Man) and I are grandparents, as of three and a half hours ago. easy child had her little girl two days early, although she's a solid 7 and three quarters pounds and almost 20" long. Apgars 9 and 9, for those in the know.

difficult child 3 and I are about to head down to see them. We'll be back in a few days briefly, then probably back in the national capital once more until easy child is sick of the sight of me. SIL1 sent me photos, the bub looks a lot like her mother did but I can see SIL1 in there too. Big forceps mark in the photo but that should fade fairly quickly.

Got to dash - heading out the door! Playing trains first with husband, because the hospital won't let me in until after 3 pm so there's no rush at that end of the trip. I am so tired - I didn't get back to sleep after SIL1 rang us this morning at 3 am to say they were at the hospital. Then the bub was born less than three hours later - that's fast!

Marg

Estherfromjerusalem

Marg, one of the most exciting things is becoming a grandparent for the first time! (it's exciting every time, but the first time is just so very very special). So congratulations, and also to Marg's Man. Enjoy it, enjoy, enjoy. We have so much joy from our grandchildren.

Love, Esther

HMBgal

Awwww that's so great! You know the silly saying "If I had known how much fun grandchildren were, I would have had them first." Enjoy, enjoy, and congratulations to your family.

TerryJ2

Congratulations! How exciting.

You can get rid of the forceps mark in PhotoShop. (On the photo. The baby will have to heal on her own.) :)

Can't wait to see photos.

Both you and new mom need to get some sleep.

InsaneCdn

That bub better figure out that she's the luckiest gal on the planet... with the grandparents she's got, she won't have a CHANCE at getting into trouble! ;-)

Don't forget to edit your sig - once you come back to the "real world" here.