What do you enjoy most about your difficult child?

house of cards

For Major, I love the good times, when he is kind, generous, a thinker. He is a really cool kid to hang out with one on one. He is also great with animals and small kiddos.

For L, she is a cuddler and a helper. She overcomes alot of anxiety in her daily life and keeps moving forward.

For S, he is usually the sweetest kid on earth, almost always ready to lend a hand and with a great attitute. He brightens everyones path.

For C, ahhh the girl has energy, spunk, a firecracker, yet she cares greatly about not getting into trouble and has empathy for others.

For M, a bit of a different drummer, happy with a beautiful smile and big dimples, playful eyes, empathic, very close to everyone in the family... my 16 yo calls him "cool"

change

Her beauty when she is performing. She has a deep understanding of her art. Her spirituality..."no one forced it down her throat", we are guiding her in our faith and she has always been very open to it and enjoys it. Her tender touch when I am feeling ill or have a bad headache. She can be very empathetic despite her poor social skills.

She is a true underdog like most of our kids but they ALL have these beautiful qualities as well. :)

Christy

His creativity.
His excitement about little things.
His love of all things chocolate.
His pride in having blue eyes just like mom and dad.
The way he talks to the dog like he's a person.
His good heart.
He tries.

Thanks for posting this, it is nice to remind ourselves of these things.
Christy

It is a wonderful idea to revisit the things we love about those nearest and dearest to us, especially difficult children! Our difficult child is the most courageous person I have ever known. He has survived, fighting incredible odds after his accident , and he has done this on his own terms. He's simply amazing!

He is patient and he is a wonderful teacher. For this reason he is sought out by his peers in all of his math classes, and he is a stellar IT support staffer at his Dad's office. He's working there this summer and doesn't have a moment's peace, because everyone there knows difficult child will solve their computer problem :).

In spite of his social deficits, he seems to have an eerie wisdom beyond his years. easy child breezes into a room, enlivening it with his latest exploits and problems. Later, difficult child will simply, and quietly say, "Why didn't he just do "x"?" And he is always right.... In a way, it's kind of scary. But, it's never boring...

F

flutterbee

It's so amazing and wonderful that even though our kiddos struggle so much with just day to day life, they are still so caring, compassionate, empathic people. I imagine it's their struggles that make them so. But, it's still amazing that with as hard life is for them, they endure and don't lose their spirit. They might stumble, but they pick themselves up and keep going.

My difficult child is also uber law-abiding. She'll probably never even jay-walk. She has a very strong sense of right and wrong. She's a champion for the underdog.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
well not much to say about difficult child I right now but difficult child II is such a comedian. He is a genuine love when he's not raging or manic