what's your funniest memory from 2008

Jena

so, i saw all these great threads about 2008 stuff and i thought hmmmm yup me thinking takes a few......... :)

So, what is everyone's funniest memory or something that you did from 2008 at home, with difficult child, losing wallet on way to work?? LOL.....

Mine has to be off top of my head the day I went into stop and shop, ran in quick like i usually do went to self check out, got a few things, put money in the machine. I stood waiting for my change........nothing. I started to get mad, started banging machine and talking to myself.......... line started to form behind me. After ten minutes of freaking out I looked at the machine and realized it wasn't broken as I was calling the mgr. over i didnt' put enough money in!!!

whose next?? im home sick and medicated again I wanna laugh...... :)

F

flutterbee

My memory isn't so hot, so I'll go with something recent.

At the doctor's office with difficult child on Monday, I was looking through magazines in the waiting room. There were a lot of Good Housekeeping magazines, but they were all from 2007 and 2008. I saw one from July, 2007 and said - out loud - wow, that's really old. Then I said - out loud - these are all really old.

I picked one and sat down. Then it hit me. It's only 2008. I had it in my head that it was 2009. As in, December, 2009. :bag: difficult child asked me how long I thought that and, fortunately, it was only those few minutes.

Fortunately, too, there was no one else in the waiting room.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jena

Heather that was funny!!

I went to the store and bought the kids calendars for next year 2010!!! they thought iw as outta my mind. i forgot what year it was also.

KTMom91

It would have to be the fence. Miss KT and her friend Beth were bored over spring break, and asked if they could paint the fence. I said fine, thinking they meant paint it all one color. No. I have stick people dancing, holding ice cream cones, a giant dill pickle, and various colors of polka dots all over the fence.

When we had my Pontiac, Hubby's SUV, the truck, Miss KT's Saturn, and Son #2's SUV out front, I commented that, between the fence and the assortment of vehicles, this place looked like a used car lot at the insane asylum.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Mine has to be the day I had worked out so hard at the gym that I found myself sitting at a hexagonal stop sign waiting for it to turn green!

Mine is funny, it happened at work, and I laughed so hard I even said that it was the funniest thing I heard all year. My friend asked me if I had seen a pad stuck to her shirt (??) I told her that I did not.

She said that somehow her pad was on the outside of her shirt. (We work in a school, everyone is dressed nice).

She looked at her zippper, and thought somehow it came out of there. (I'm hysterical at this point).

She told me she walked down the hall, had a conversation with a male co-worker, and all the while it was stuck on her shirt!!!!!

I had seen her talking to him, but I never saw it there. (She asked me this all day, if I had noticed it)

We figured out that when she pulled up her pants, the tape got stuck to her shirt and that's how it got there.

I'm sorry if anyone finds this offensive, we had never laughed so hard!!!!!!

donna723

I just seem to do a lot of little dumb things ... but they add up! I always have the lights off in the room my home computer is in and one one night I was frantically trying to figure out why my mouse wasn't working! I was shoving it all around on the mouse pad and saying some not-so-nice words. And then I looked down and saw that the mouse was sitting off to the side and that what I was shoving around and cussing at was a full pack of Kool Filter Super Longs! I'm just so glad that it happened at home where nobody saw it and not at work where EVERYBODY would have known!
:bag:

SRL

My daughter was taking ice skating lessons so I got very brave and donned skates to practice with her one day. I hadn't skated in probably 35+ years and I'm not the least bit athletic.

When I'd slowly (and I'm sure humorously to onlookers) made my way three-quarters of the way around the rink I discovered the sign advertising the pain management center. It was one of those truly absurd moments of the year.

During the first weekend of keeipng difficult child out of party scene, this guy texts her to come party. I, who had never texted before, texted him back saying I have to play vball. He wrote an incredulous text back. I thought that was hilarious.

With my son it was when we were at the Iowa state capital for the World Food Prize laurate cermony. I had to go to the bathroom so bad-they were taping it live. I went but could not make it back to my origanal seat.

With husband, it was walking the prarie, yeaterday last day of year with our dog, Missy. It was funny seeing Missy sniff and us enjoying the wide spaces and the quiet time together.
Compassion

Jena

i'm weak reading this, wow this is good stuff. :)

i got another one, when i used to work the bathroom was all the way down the courtroom hallway. so i had to hide a tampon one day in my pants because i had no pockets. so i stuck it between my pants and my waste.

so, i walk down the hallway ofcourse everyone's always looking at everyone else the lawyers were on break and bustling about. the tampon goes sliding down and thru my pants and onto the floor!! LOL