When Do I release our evaluations???

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
So I got the OK for a Multi Disc evaluation from the SD!!! The school special services lady called me and wanted to thank me for being so prepared!! Thank you everyone!!! She then asked if they could have copies of our evaluations... I said I would have to check with my advocate (you guy's) Ha Ha! She said it would really help them understand her and be able to form opinions and make decisions...
I guess I am wondering what is the harm in giving them my nuero-psychiatric report and psychiatrist report? If they are doing the evaluation?

Am I crazy???

EB67

Totoro- I gave Seb's school all of the reports I have from the neuro. I think it is helpful to have as much documentation as possible in order to get the support you need from the school.

smallworld

Is there anything in the reports you don't want the school to see? I ask because we did psychological testing of easy child/difficult child 2, and the report contained personal family information that I didn't want her school to know about. We had the psychologist write a shortened amended report specifically for the school.

One reason in favor of giving the testing data (like IQ and achievement, if she did any of those tests) to the school is that some of the testing can't be repeated more frequently than every year. I seem to remember some of your testing is fairly recent.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am pretty much an open book!!! I have nothing to hide anymore! LOL. I had been told in an earlier post not to release anything, until they OK'd the assessment. Which they did. I just didn't know if the SD was doing there own evaluation, if it was OK to give them mine as well... I just could see me giving them all of the reports and letting you guy's know and someone letting me know that is a big "NO-NO"!!!!
I am just trying to cover my behind...
I am meeting with the Psychologist from the school to sign paperwork Monday so I thought I could bring copies then?

Thanks

Sheila

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The school special services lady called me and wanted to thank me for being so prepared!! </div></div>

Good for you!

If there is nothing in the reports that you are reluctant to release, I'd cooperate and provide the copies.

klmno

i gave them all actual test results/synopsis, diagnosis, and psychiatric's recommendations. i did not give portions with- personal family background.