Where's Cookie?

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Have I missed a "going on vacation" post, or has anyone heard from Cookie lately??

Wondering how things are.

Peace

Fran

Former desparate mom
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>I e mailed her last week. She is working a lot. Nothing has changed at home and it's challenging. I miss her too.</span>

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Thanks, Fran. Sorry to hear things at home haven't changed. In light of that challenge, I guess it's a good thing she's "working a lot".

Sending her a good vibe! ((((HUGS FOR COOOKIE!!)))

Peace

Kathy813

Staff member
I was thinking about her a lot for the last couple of days. I miss her, too.

I hope things get better for her soon.

~Kathy

Janna

I was thinking about Robbie alot too, lately. I have missed her. If anyone sees her, tell her I said hi.

Janna

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I called her a couple of weeks ago & left voicemail. She got back to me & left me a voicemail, sounding pretty stressed.

I've yet to be able to get through to her - would like to hijack her for a cup of coffee or something.

'Chelle

I've thought of her too, and wondered if I missed a post that she would be gone. Just adding, if she has time to read this, to let her know she's thought of, and hope she's coping at least, if not doing fantastic.
:flower:

DazedandConfused

I've noticed your absence and have wondered how you are doing.

However, I understand, completely, when there simply is too much stuff going on to post.

You're missed!

Coookie

First of all let me apologize for not posting or responding. I don’t know what has been going on with my system..some type of bug and all of my emails are not getting through…in or out. Some that get through I can't read and have to download them into Internet Explorer and then I still can't read some. :crying: I have been working a lot … trying to stay out of the house and the line of fire. :whew:

I came on the site a few times but found myself breaking down so I didn't stick around. :crying: Emotional overload...I pulled completely inside myself..perhaps that is to maintain what little strength I had. Please forgive me. I guess we all deal with things the best way we can. :frown:

When last we left our hero… :sad: difficult child had gotten kicked out. He was gone for 3 days and then showed up here with his girlfriend and her cat. Wanting us to let them both stay here while he got a job and she attended school..so they could save enough money to move out. She is 18 but a Senior in High School. Of course that didn’t fly and she and her cat went home that night when her folks came to get her. difficult child said he would find a job, or go to school so we let him back in. That lasted less than 24 hours as he stayed out all night the next night and didn’t abide by our 12:00 curfew. Out he went again…this time for only 9 hours…came back…said he had no place to go and would abide by our rules…Yea…right.. :nonono:

He ended up cracking the rims on his car which made it undrivable (to this day) as husband and I were not going to give him the money to get it fixed…soooooooooo…he stayed home mainly for the last month. Halfheartedly looking for work on the net, refusing to think about school and not following the rules. We ended up unplugging the phone and turning off the internet access.

I was then informed by difficult child that he was not going to look for work. That he was going to go to Arizona to live with his brother as soon as they could get a ticket for him. His mother is there also (hasn’t seen her since he was 2) but he say’s he doesn’t want anything to do with her.

Last Saturday I came home from work and the stuff hit the fan. The same old mouth, attitude and verbal abuse…with a few new twists. husband and I decided that we were not waiting for difficult children brother to get the ticket and we bought it. He was put on a plane Sunday night for Arizona and arrived there last night.

Our marriage has taken a direct hit through the last 3 months. We are emotionally and mentally drained and are hoping that now we can start the healing.

We love our difficult child, want what is best for him but can do nothing for him to help him. He has to do that himself.

I thought I knew my son but learned that we had been lied too about a few things..guess I shouldn’t be that surprised.

I’m sorry I haven’t posted but it seemed like there was just too much to post about and I have been trying to hang onto my sanity which at times was not an easy thing to do. It has been 7 months of complete Hell for husband and I..since difficult child first went UA until now. He would have been home 3 months on the 23rd.

I will miss him, the gentle funny part, but am praying that he can get a new start in Arizona. That is all I can do.

You all have never been far from my thoughts and Donna, I'm sorry I haven't responded to your emails..hopefully whatever is going on with my system will be corrected soon. I have a girlfriend in Tennesee who finally called me and wanted to know what was going on cause I wasn't getting her's either....very strange. :frown: Linda, Coffee sounds good..I miss you.

Thanks Steph for the heads up and I will try to answer my pm's later.

So there you have the update my friends..as sad as it is. :sad:

Sending hugs & love to you all…

Robby,

Wow, I am so sorry hon! What alot you all have been through. I pray that things start to settle down for you and that you and husband can work things out now that the stress is lessened a bit.

Hugs and prayers,
Vickie

ScentofCedar

I am glad difficult child is in Arizona.

You are right.

Now you and husband will heal, and your marriage will heal.

We needed to establish an hour at night, right after work and before dinner, when husband and I sat alone together and discussed the day.

It was husband's idea actually.

It saved our marriage.

I am so glad your difficult child is out of the house.

Can you believe he brought the girlfriend AND her cat?!?

What was he thinking!

:grrr:

Barbara