Would appear Wee had another seizure yesterday.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Not the big scarey shakey ones, just another absence seizure. We've been noticing split second space-outs for a while, but just weren't sure. I hadn't mentioned it to anyone but husband.

At the existing data meeting yesterday, SpEd teacher said the same thing, and said she's sure she saw a big one yesterday. 5-7 seconds of blankness, followed by confusion, and, shortly after, sleep. There's no question in her mind. So here we go again.

Of all the people on Wee's team, the only one I've truly disliked was neuro. I think I'll look into finding a new one.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
We tried that medication first and it seemed to increase the hyperactivity, but its been several years now. Its worth trying again.

DammitJanet

Sigh...this is going to be hard to pinpoint too. If you are only starting to see them so infrequently, even a sleep deprived EEG is probably not going to catch them. Hope the neuro will just take teacher and mom word and start a medication. Though one would think the depakote would catch him. Hmm.

Might need a completely different medication. You do need a good neuro on board.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
That is so hard. Catching them is very tricky. Getting the nuero to "believe" just hooooovers. So sorry.