Wouldn't it be nice if we could......

Jody

just pack a couple bags and go explore the world. Me, I'de want to go by myself, but I know a few of you would have a SF, husband that you would want to go with you. But where would you go and what would you do if you could do anything???? I'de love to run away. I would love to see the East Coast, though not right now, I want to see Ireland, and Germany and Poland, I am interested in World War II so I would love to see some of the places like Auschwitz and some of the memorials there. I love the mountains, but they scare me, bears, mountain lions. I'de like to see them from a good distance though. Oh definately Italy, Europe and I'de like to see Canada too. I am a sagittarius and we have a wander lust. It really pops up sometimes and it's been popping up a lot lately. I wonder if that has anything to do with difficult child driving me NUTS. LOL.

KTMom91

I'm a Sag as well. I want to go to Ireland, Scotland, Italy, Poland, Austria, Australia, Switzerland, Prince Edward Island (Anne of Green Gables), Nova Scotia...

Hubby and I have a goal of visiting all 50 states (airports don't count). So far we've logged Nevada (got married there), Florida, Ohio, Oregon, and Washington. I'm dying to get to Mount Rushmore, go to the Laura Ingalls Wilder event in De Smet, SD, and then visit the little town in SD where my grandfather was born. Also want to see the old family homestead in NE; apparently it's still in the family. I want to go back to St. Augustine; Hurricane Alberto rained on my parade and I didn't get to see very much. We were able to climb the lighthouse, though...that was seriously cool.

keista

Wow! I soooooooooooo would want to go alone right now! I've always wanted to do an Alaskan cruise in the spring. The grand canyon, redwood forest, petrified forest, Australia and Lithuania are also on my "bucket list"

InsaneCdn

Lets see, for starters...
- Ohio - to stop in on Step and Hound Dog and a few others down that way
- some other spots on the eastern seaboard... esp. to check up on Janet
- would love to make it to the last continent to check up on Marg and Marg's Man and company
- would be neat to stop in at Jerusalem and meet Esther
- and to peek in on Malika in France (if she's still there)
- there's a few others on the "would love to meet sometime" list on the west coast somewhere...
- along with... well, I'm guessing we could tour the 50 states and 10 provinces plus territories... and we'd have barely begun our trip.

But the trip I really want to take? Is a day-to-day trip, a "normal household" trip. The chance to see 2xGFG each grow up to be productive adults...
So for now I guess I'll just have to travel around the world on this board, and wait until he kid-raising is done.

Jody

I think I would also like to go to a Wild West Adventure Camp. Like a dude ranch with air conditioning. lol.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I have lots of places...

Edinburgh, Scotland
London, England
Lusaka, Zambia
Hell, Grand Cayman
Orlando, Florida
Lorena, Texas
Grand Junction, Colorado
Las Vegas, Nevada
Multiple places in the Carolinas and California
Canada - not sure where
Alaska

Mattsmom277

Another Sag. here and indeed I believe we have wanderlust! I always wished to be wealthy just for the money to travel. My cousin is well traveled, literally been to every continent, so many fantastic places I live through her photos and stories ;).

I love that some of you want to see Canada, it truly is a beautiful country. I visited Nova Scotia a few years ago since my foster mother moved there, and it's so gorgeous. For those who wish for visiting Ireland, if its too big a trip, Cape Breton (part of Nova Scotia) actually broke off back in the day from Ireland. I've been to Ireland and truly Cape Breton is noticeably the same as Ireland. Beautiful!

I'd love to go with S/O to Cairo, Greece, Italy, Australia, France, Germany and I have a fascination with Israel and have always wanted to go there. My favorite place to go would be Wales but I wouldn't leave. My dream is to retire there to live one day. On a solo trip I'd like to go to Rome and wander for a week or two just taking photos and looking at the beautiful old buildings etc. I've always dreamed of a big trip all on my own, nobody elses desires to take into consideration, just do what my whimsy tells me from moment to moment.

One of those places will go off the bucket list for our honeymoon but for the life of us we can't pick a final choice. So many places, so little time (and money!).

InsaneCdn

And yes, I'm a Sag too.

If yer coming to Canada... it will take you a year to see a fraction of it all!
But us Canadian board members could give you all sorts of hints tips and suggestions from "sea to sea to sea".

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I'm a Cappy and I have wanderlust as well! Nope, not even near the cusp, either. I'd like to explore all through Italy, Spain, Portugal, and France. I've never thought of Germany until I saw schindlers list, now I'd like to see the camps-it's become very important to me for some reason. I'd like to see Hawaii also. Within the 50 states, I'd love to visit New Orleans, Hilton Head, the outer banks, savannah Georgia, Santa Fe, park City UT, etc...I really want to see it all!

Mattsmom277

I should have said, any members visiting Ontario Canada have a open door policy to come spend a few days! I'd love to meet some members and have board meet envy!! I did meet long time member Cassie and we remain in touch although she hasn't been able to come visit in recent years, we still talk about getting together again. She came for a few days many years ago with her kids and it was wonderful. We took a day trip to meet Joybells and her husband before Joy passed away. I'd love to meet more members.

keista

I find the Sag connection interesting. My Dad is a *gypsy* at heart and also a Sag. He has been settling down in his old age, but gets his "fix" by owning 3 homes. Last few trips between NY and FL he has had to fly (we're ecstatic because he's getting too old for that long drive) and it causes him such anxiety because he doesn't have the freedom to just veer off if he so chooses (not that he's done that in over a decade, but you know.....) by the way he's been in EVER state in the US except Alaska. The last time he had a thing to go to in Chicago, before retuning home, he drove all the way to Iowa because that's the only other state he hadn't been in.

DammitJanet

I used to be a huge traveler and I am a Capricorn. I have been to all of the states on the east coast, and about half of the rest of them. We went to California one year when I was younger and drove out there stopping and camping at the Grand Canyon. Then I have been to texas several times and IN and OH and CO. Not counting just the states we drove through.

I have been to Rome too.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Sagittarius & Capricorn... It's cause we were born in the winter. Meaning we had cabin fever, came out and went -WHAT? I'm stuck inside STILL?

Betting Aquarius, too.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
and Pisces too!!! Winter babies? It's been said that Sag's are drifters, explorers and hate to settle in one place. Cappy's are an Earth sign, and as such they like their feet planted firmly on good ol' terra firma. They like to travel and learn about other areas, however, they really really love having a 'home base', unlike the Sag's who will usually make themselves comfortable no matter where they are. I think it's interesting that each sign has definitive features and I used to wonder if it was because that's how we reaad we were supposed to be or that is truly a desciption of typical traits for each sign.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
and Pisces too!!! Winter babies? It's been said that Sag's are drifters, explorers and hate to settle in one place. Cappy's are an Earth sign, and as such they like their feet planted firmly on good ol' terra firma. They like to travel and learn about other areas, however, they really really love having a 'home base', unlike the Sag's who will usually make themselves comfortable no matter where they are. I think it's interesting that each sign has definitive features and I used to wonder if it was because that's how we reaad we were supposed to be or that is truly a desciption of typical traits for each sign.

I think it's a mixed bag, really. Interestingly... I am a homebody. I like having my "place". I get itchy feet every so often, and then it's time for a road trip - but I want to come back home at the end.

TerryJ2

Jody, hire that lady in Alaska to be your tour guide. You know, the one who punched a bear in the nose when it was snacking on her dog.

As for me, I would like to travel alone for the first three days, until I get some sleep and some "me" time. Then husband or a friend can join me, when I've decided I'm not sick of them any more. ;)

husband is going to Orlando in 2 wks. I LOVE the photos of the pool, would love to lie out there and soak in the sunshine, read, eat, sleep. But what to do with-difficult child?

Jody

I just like to travel and I never stay in a place for very long. Not a good thing when you are raising kids!!! I could and still cannot understand how some people live in the same place their entire life. That is mind boggling to me!! The tour guide is a good idea!!!