Yet ANOTHER Problem! "No more IEPs" ???

susiestar

Roll With It
WTF??????

Today I got a letter saying Jessie is truant because she has not accomplished as much as they want her to.

Then the school calls HER and tells her that there are no more IEPs allowed. This is against FEDERAL LAW. I will NOT accept that.

They told me a week ago that they would cut her down to 2 classes at a time so that she could work at the level she was able to.

They had BETTER get their stories straight.

I am SO angry right now. They had her in TEARS.

She just told me she is using a new program that seems to keep her logged in. It is convenient that way. I think it is new enough that the program is not recognizing her as logging in on separate days, based on the letter I received.

Part of the online high school was that it is supposed to be easier to make accommodations for problems like this. This is more hassle than attending regular school was!

Grrrrr. I really need to have no more problems.

I am not sure I can handle anything else.

Thanks for listening to me ladies. without you I would explode.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Susie

We had a bit of a problem with Nichole getting logged in to Ecot at first. It was some glitch. I called them everyday she logged in to let them know she was trying.....it just wasn't working.......and they got it fixed. And brought her another computer. Something was wonky with the first one they sent.

I had the sd attempt to remove Travis' IEP. I went warrior Mom ballistic on them. Came awfully close to getting physical with the Special Education director. They didn't try it a 2nd time.

You may want to look into getting an advocate, just in case you need them.

Hugs

gcvmom

Here we go again!
This smacks of the rumor I heard and posted about on General at my NAMI class yesterday. Unbelieveable they'd actually come out and say it in those words! Sneakiness I would expect, but not that!

susiestar

Roll With It
I was floored at your rumor in the other thread. I can believe they would try it. I put very little past them in this state. The system is tricky here. You get paired with a school district (NOT your local one - they try to make it one several hours away on purpose) and then the SD does the IEP, etc....

The SDs tell the online people these lies and the online people tell the students and families the lies. Most people NEVER question them because they haven't a clue what all IDEA 2004 means. (I had one father swear it meant that in 2004 someone had the idea to create IEPs and that is when they started using them for the first time.)

So, that is Monday's battle.

Many hugs and thanks.

Susie

klmno

This stinks! And about that rumor- it's "funding, funding, funding" issues. Here, they are writing newspaper articles about this "wonderful" idea the local sd's are coming up with- it is to identify kids at risk for needing an IEP in the future in order to "help" them early enough so they won't need an IEP in later years. Now, what is that really?

JJJ

It began with RtI and it continues. The schools don't realize that the warrior moms will win!