Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by pasajes4, Jun 30, 2015.

  1. pasajes4

    pasajes4 Well-Known Member

    I had 2 missed calls yesterday from my son's local parole office. I retrieved this message, " Miss J, This is Mr. W. Please return my call a.s.a.p. we need to discuss F's discharge on July 7." I did not hear the message until this morning. I slept all day yesterday and never heard my phone.

    I am really hoping that it means he is being moved to a halfway house and not just dumped on me without any available services. I have heard nothing from his case manager. My son will not be able to call until Thursday.
  2. pasajes4

    pasajes4 Well-Known Member

    It is official. He gets out next week. There will not be any services in place. I am sick to my stomach.
  3. dstc_99

    dstc_99 Well-Known Member

    That's crap! So you get the kid back and get no support?

    I'd be tempted to move!
  4. Jabberwockey

    Jabberwockey Well-Known Member

    Not sure how it works where you're at but here, YOU have to agree to them returning to your home. They put in the paperwork requesting a home plan and the PO on the streets investigates the place to see if they are willing and able to provide a good environment. If the person says they cant live there, the home plan is returned as denied.
  5. dstc_99

    dstc_99 Well-Known Member

    I hope this is the case!
  6. Lil

    Lil Well-Known Member

    Has he served his entire sentence or is he being paroled? I would think that, if it's a parole situation, they would have to have some services. However, if he's served his whole sentence, since he's a juvenile, it might be totally possible to release him to the custody of his parents without his parents consent. It all depends on the law of where you live. I'm so sorry. You might want to try contacting children's services and see if there are any options.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. Jabberwockey

    Jabberwockey Well-Known Member

    Sorry, forgot that he was a juvenile. That's a game changer.
  8. pasajes4

    pasajes4 Well-Known Member

    He will not be on parole. He is being discharged time served/case closed. He has until Aug. 27 to prove that he can live by my rules. After that, I can legally say "bye Felicia."
  9. susiestar

    susiestar Roll With It

    I would ask what happens if you refuse to allow him to return to your home? It cannot hurt to ask. He might get services and not just 'buh-bye!' if you refuse to take him back.
  10. PatriotsGirl

    PatriotsGirl Well-Known Member

    That is awful. :( Have you had any contact with him while he has been in there?
  11. pasajes4

    pasajes4 Well-Known Member

    I did ask. Texas does not provide much help at all to anyone at any age when they are released. You are on your own.
  12. SeekingStrength

    SeekingStrength Well-Known Member


    Know that you have a place in my heart tonight.

    I hurt for you because I absolutely, unequivocally know how you feel. This so stinks, on so many levels, but am happy to know he soon turns 18. You have a window with light. While it is not a beautiful light, it holds hope.

    Please keep us posted.

    Saying a prayer for you and your son tonight...right this moment.

    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List