You know your brain is fried when...

nvts

you have one of those programmable coffee pots, you put in the water, the filter and the coffee and have it set for 5:30 am. You push the button, start closing up the house for the night and realize that you smell coffee.:sigh:

You clean out the coffee pot, put in the water, the filter and the coffee - you push the button and head on up...

and come down in the morning to a full pot of ice cold coffee - you hit the wrong button AGAIN!:mornincoffee::groan:

Ladies, we need a lighter thread going on...can anyone else regale me with "brain fries" that they've encountered? I need a laugh...

Beth

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I'm notorious for shaking liquid and solid food items or medicines up without checking first to make sure the lids are on tightly or the bags sealed.

Last time I did this I was making some stirfry and wound up with cornstarch and raw chicken strips all over me and the kitchen. Sure did make the dog happy, though.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:rofl:

OMG I sooooooo do that.

Ok another one I hate:

I get up, put water, filter, and coffee into the pot, I even remember to turn it on. I hit the bathroom then go to turn on the computer. I sit and wait for it to brew......usually while looking up weather ect. And I wait. And I wait some more. Finally it dawns on me I do NOT smell coffee............ I look over and someone has unplugged the darn thing. :mornincoffee:

Another:

I turn the water on in the kitchen sink to fill the coffee pot. A trickle of water comes out. I turn it off and turn it on again. NO water comes out. I "ask" husband did he pay the water bill. "ask" as in growl like a she bear in attack mode. He says of course he did. I announce to him we have NO water coming out the kitchen sink.

I go to the bathroom and turn on the faucet.......water comes out fine. husband gets to live another day. I fill coffee pot via that faucet and turn it on. I try the kitchen faucet again. Nuthin Check under the sink after unloading a mountain of cleaning supplies (I stock up) to see if it somehow got turned off down there. Nope.

Sit and stew, while drinking coffee, about how I'm going to fix the faucet cuz husband is NOT touching it after his miserable attempt to "change the washers" in the tub faucet. (really dear, I know what I'm doing, phht omg)

Several hours later.........and much more coffee.........it dawns on us it's the filter thingy in the faucet head that is clogged up. Seriously?? omg lol

donna723

I always make the coffee at night so that all I have to do in the morning is push the button - that's as much as I can handle that early in the morning. But more than once I have stumbled in to the kitchen to get my first badly needed cup of coffee and see ... nothing but a big pot of hot water! I forgot to put the coffee in! I would like to say that this only happened a time or two but I average at least once a week!

Last edited:
H

HaoZi

I have done the coffee route, and also even though I put the filter in the machine, I forgot to put the basket it goes in back in the machine. Whoops.

muttmeister

At least twice, I've got the pot ready, put in the coffee, turned it on, gone in the other room till it smelled like it was done, and come out to find all of the coffee on the countertop and the floor because I forgot to put the pot back on where it belongs.
Why are so many of these about coffee? I think we need coffee to make our brains work and when we need to make it we are in no condition to be doing anything. LOL

KTMom91

My day has been too busy for me to even think of one...so I'll tell on my mother in law. She was talking to Hubby, on the phone this evening, and started freaking out because she couldn't find her phone. He's yelling, "Mom! Mom! You're talking on it!" And she says, "Oh. Yeah. I am."

muttmeister

OK, speaking of phones reminds me: just last week I was sitting on the couch, trying to change the TV channel with the remote when I realized that I wasn't using the remote, I was using the phone. Oops.

slsh

member since 1999
I don't have a coffee maker anymore (have gone to instant, much harder to goof up) but I've done it all to my old coffee maker - put grounds in before filter, put sugar in filter and grounds in cup, put grounds in filter but didn't put pot under (what a mess!!!!).

I am seriously losing my mind....

On Wednesday night, I preheated the oven then very carefully got the chicken out of the fridge, put it in the pan to bake, seasoned it, had it all arranged so nice and pretty. Was going to be ready around 5:30. Get a call from husband at about 5:40 saying he's leaving work now.... and I wonder why I'm not smelling the chicken. Go into the kitchen. There's my lovely pan of chicken sitting on the stovetop, waiting to be put in the oven. Honestly, I cried. I am so completely scattered now that I'm having to triple check myself to make sure I get just the basics done. But to forget to put the chicken in the oven???? At least I know Weeburt is going to take good care of me in my demented old age - he just gave me a big hug and told me it was okay, LOL.

M

Mamaof5

LMAO!!! I love this thread. I NEEEED this thread.

Me: When you put your keys in the freezer, your shoes in your fridge and your groceries are still at the front door.

Yes, I have indeed done all three in one brain fried moment. I call it the Brain Fart Syndrome. Or the CRSS (can't remember sh.. syndrome).

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
SO took me out for dinner - was just having a bad day, too much stress and multi tasking and my mind was going faster than a speeding bullet - opened up two packets of sweet and low and promptly put it on my salad instead of in my coffee. Its a good thing I keep the man amused..

Marcie

Mattsmom277

Well I have only one place I keep my house keys. And its the only set for the house to make it worse. I haven't found them in over a month! I used them to unlock the door (obviously) which means they must be in this house. And it's not a big place and it's been super cleaned and analyzed in every nook and cranny by myself and S/O. We can't locate them anywhere. I'm thinking I brain farted and tossed them into trash or something. Locksmith prices are huge but guess that's my next step.

I gave up on coffee pots. I'm horrible. I have forgotten to put the pot on the burner so often. I refuse to have one in my house. Thankfully S/O hates instant as much as I do. He's the bestest and walks up to the coffee shop Mon-Fri and gets us both a cup at 6:30a.m. I do miss that brewing coffee smell after a morning shower though, coming out to pour a fresh cup and inhaling that lovely smell.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Coffee... Wow. Can't function without it.

My best one though... I had forgotten to set the coffeemaker, so I staggered upstairs. Cats get fed at the same time I get my first cup of coffee... So I got their food out... Ten minutes later this AWFUL stench was coming from the kitchen. Smelled like cooking cat food. Well, boiling, actually... No wonder the cats wouldn't leave me alone! I gave them coffee grounds...

donna723

I have this little routine I go through when I leave the house ... not so bad now that I'm not working but I still do it. No matter how hurried I was, I hesitated for a minute before I pulled the door shut behind me to make sure I have my keys, my lunch, my purse. I soon added another one ... check my shoes! I would get up really early to take out my four dogs and I'd just slip on this old ratty pair of shoes that I wore when I mowed the lawn. I was on my way to work one morning and stopped to get gas - I just happened to look down when I was getting out of the car and noticed that I stilll had on my nasty old muddy grass mowing shoes! If I hadn't had to stop for gas, I would have driven thirty miles to work and maybe went through half the day like that before I noticed! At least they matched ... I've done that too. I've also gone off in some strange color combinations or unmatched socks because what looked black when I got dressed in the semi darkness turned out to be navy blue in the daylight!

H

HaoZi

OK, speaking of phones reminds me: just last week I was sitting on the couch, trying to change the TV channel with the remote when I realized that I wasn't using the remote, I was using the phone. Oops.

If you have the right phone, there's an app for that. :p

And I can't tell you how many times at work I've gone to put creamer in a coffee for someone and poured the creamer into the trash cup instead.

trinityroyal

I am SO relieved that I'm not the only one...

I do the thing with shaking up things without checking for a seal or lid. I am also bad at remembering to put the lid on the blender before starting it up. Have you ever tried to clean strwaberry smoothie off a (formerly) white ceiling? The ceiling has been repainted, and I have been banned from blending.

Yesterday, I was leaving my office at the end of the day and the door to the lobby wouldn't open. I was rattling, and was just hauling off to give it a swift kick and then call building maintenance when I remembered...I work in a secure building. With mag locks on all the doors. There's a big button on the door that says "Press THIS BUTTON to Exit" that I totally missed. Because the sign is bright and right above the button. Not to mention that I've worked in this office for several years now and go in and out of the same door several times a day. Sigh...

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I believe I shared here a few years ago where I did my hair & makeup before I took my shower. Ick! Not only is my brain fried but it's now leaking out my ears ~ if I didn't have hearing aids I'd be in major trouble. :groan::notalone:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'm suffering from serious brain fry myself... They're putting up a cubicle in the room where I sit, and I'm trying so, so hard not to tell them how to do it...