20 yo still at home, no job - desperate mother!

Jitty

My son is also 20 has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and is depressed And is paranoid !! Everything is my fault in his life I have tried to get him help for years he refuses everything he says there is nothing wrong with him it's me ! _My son did not graduate school was short 5 credits has no friends no job I had to get a PFA on him to get him out of my house he was on streets for a month my mother felt bad and has taken him in !!! I had to beg the court to get him evaluated!! They said yes and the Phystrist was awful still. There is no real diagnoses ! 'My son has no one but me and my mother ! I also have a 13 year old daughter I had no choice but to do this for my daughter everyday I want to die cause my son has no life has never had a girlfriend or done things normal guys do at this age ! My mother now sees how bad it is with him ! I do not know what to do ?? I feel awful everyday of my life and I'm so miserable and I don't want to be ! But how can I be happy when my son has no life ?? He has so many issues and on top
Of it all has Coltis !! It's such a mess

Hilli

I am so sorry to hear this. It is very hard. I don't have any answers for you as I am struggling as well as you know. But I am currently in a respite as he tries to find a job and has until Jan 2 to do so. I try and forget about it as the days draw closer so that I can enjoy things that are good in my life. If he chooses to not get a job I will feel guilty again and he will be out on the street. My mom will not take him in either. I don't know why it has to be so difficult for some children to normalize into society. Hang in there and know that you are not alone in your pain and heartache.

Resilient

I understand your pain. It's God awful, and we have no power over their choices. My daughter is choosing to be in a homeless shelter, estranged from us. She never has done normal things either, choosing to waste her opportunities away.

I fear she has severe mental illness.

I'm trying to choose now to detach from her. It is a guilt ridden experience. I want to keep trying, yet everything I do seems to push her away farther. You're not alone.