36 hours

klmno

In 36 hours I will be arriving home with difficult child. I am sitting here feeling like I was the last few days of my pregnancy and inducing labor had already been sscheduled for a couple of days away. All those feelings of anticipation, excitement, feeling a little nervous, etc. It's a good thing I have last minute preparations to do to keep me busy! I'm soooo hoping that difficult child can make it this time and actually get out of this system and not get back in it. His head is on straight and he seems so much more self-reliant and independent. Please keep fingers crossed for him! And thank you again, Ladies, for being strong for me this past year and even the night this happened. You were the only people I had in the life, so to speak, that understood what this was like to live thru and I honestly don't know if I could have made it without having that understanding and support from someone.

I'll let you know as soon as I am able after the arrival of my 70", 165 lb baby boy!!

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I'm really rooting for you, K. This is going to be hard on so many levels. I've read your preparations for his return, your ups and downs. You're right, this process is LABORious. We'll be here for you. Please keep us informed of your progress!

As to the hurdles set up by the legal system: don't let the b*****ds grind you down!!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
K,
You have (and will continue to be) in my daily prayers along with your difficult child. I truly hope that difficult child will turn things around. Many good thoughts and hugs coming your way.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Hope he has learned enough that he doesn't want to do anything to get himself put back there......... that is the test.......... if he can associate his "activities" with going to jail as the result............ not just his crime was "getting caught"........... hoping for the best outcome, either way YOU have done what was needed and this is HIS choice to improve his life.....................

klmno

I just pray that the arguement between PO and myself a few days ago won't end in worse h**l than our last period with these people, and that maybe just maybe some of the words I said to PO about how they could better support the parents if they expect a kid to have respect for the parents authority- which is what it takes if they have any chance at all for keeping the kid in line. He set he'll get that straight with difficult child tomorrow-- if things start getting too chaotic, I'm going to get difficult child out of this county somehow before it gets completely out of control- of course, if the PO and I are supporting each other and difficult child is just determined not to maintain what he should, that's a different story. Now, let's hope the transition back into school and making new friends goes well.

busywend

Thinking of you as the time gets closer. I can not imagine the ball of emotions you are right now.

Remember to keep low expectations and give yourselves both time to adjust to the changes.

Fingers crossed!!!!

klmno

He has returned as a easy child!! And I don't mean just saying what everyone wants to hear or just being very repsectful and humble. He's saying this place was good for him and he needed it and he realizes a lot of things now. I can see an enormous amount of maturity in him. For instance, I mentioned that sometime in the near future, I wanted him to clean the gutters but wanted to be there when he did it. Instead of getting defensive or saying he didn't need me there and he could do it alone, he said yeah, that was almost a 2 person job just to stayy safe - it was good to have someone around in case the other person fell.

He came in the house, hugged me, and held back tears as he told me he loved me. I can see that we have to re-adjust to each other though- partly because we haven't been living together and partly because he's older and more mature now.

by the way, the PO was great yesterday. He was not a jerk to either difficult child or me but did let difficult child know that he had to do what I said and that he was supporting my choices. I let difficult child know in front of PO that I was supporting the PO. PO promised difficult child that if he did what he was told for 6 mos, he would release him from parole that day. difficult child and I both had the biggest sigh!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I hope these next 6 months fly by like a breeze! Things sound so hopeful now -- I'm very happy for you both!

Wiped Out

Staff member
K-
So glad to hear things have started off so well!!!! I had tears of happiness in my eyes as I read this! Hugs!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Shoot I was reading, trying to catch up and had the biggest smile. Then I got to the part about the hard night.

I hope it was just a glitch.
I am still holding out hope that he is just adjusting. :)
hang in there

klmno

I updated on General today. Janet, I hope you're right in that this is just transitioning. I kind of see why getting that mentor on board eaarly is a good thing now.