An almost relaxed tweedle Christmas visit....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
The tweedles haven't seen each other at Christmas time since Dec. of 2008 when husband was in the hospital.

Nerves were on edge, PRN medications were given & staff was on hand this afternoon when we gathered at foster mum's house to exchange Christmas gifts.

wm was a tad excited but not over the top. kt was on edge however her Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) worker was glued to her side. I insisted that we sit & talk for a few minutes pleasantly before gifts were exchanged; I also insisted that foster mum & dad open their gift from me first. Respect.

kt & wm opened their gifts immediately after that. They were both appropriate in their response & appreciation for the thought put into their gifts. No competition over who's gift was better & who paid more. This is huge for the tweedles. I haven't given kt her gift yet & wm wanted to know what she was getting ~ "what if she gets more?".

wm ordered some gorgeous beads & made a beautiful necklace & bracelet for me. This young man has an incredible artistic talent.

So I took that ativan for naught. Didn't need to be so on edge ~ we kept the visit short & sweet. Less than an hour (that always helps). Staff were on their toes & intervened & removed kt &/or wm when necessary to regroup.

Thank goodness this doesn't happen often. I sincerely thank God that the visit went so calmly - with so little competition.

DDD

The visit sounds like a wonderful Christmas present for you all. I'm happy that you all could enjoy each other's company minus the drama. Hugs. DDD