Anyone experiencing spring yet? I'm waiting.

BusynMember

Still cold with snow on the ground in Wisconsin. Supposed to get into the 30's!!!!! this week. It will feel like spring. Last week we hit 38 one day and everyone was walking around without jackets...just sweatshirts or some with just long sleeves. I was one of them. It didn't even feel cold. How sad is that?

How's it going in your neck of the woods?

muttmeister

We had a really cold winter but not much snow here. Now...as is typical for March in Nebraska, we have 65 or 70 some days and 35 or 40 other days. Yesterday the high was 38. Today is supposed to be 68. I have the day off so I'm going to do a little shopping and then I'm having a friend over for corned beef and cabbage for supper - I have the corned beef in the crock pot now. Spring today; who knows what tomorrow. I think they said snow flurries one night this week. But at least we know spring is on its way!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We've had more consecutive snow this year than I've seen here in about a decade at least. It has been bitter cold, although not as cold as you've had it MWM.

Lately we've had some 60 degree days popping up. Lovely! Then back to bitter cold with storm threats. We've been lucky, last 2 storms seemed to skirt around us. Yesterday was in the 30s but the wind made it a bitter cold 30. Today I think it will be in the 50's or upper 40's then 70 degrees by the end of the week.

SuZir

We have had a lousiest winter in decades. Not much of snow at all and long times extremely warm. In fact we had April weather whole late febroary and early March. But that of course doesn't mean spring would be coming any time soon. And just about now that we had forsaken our last hopes for this winter, it remembered that it is indeed mid of March and went back to March weather, so we are in around 10 F and some more snow now.

I really, really hate this kind of pathetic excuse of a winter with little snow and warm like heck. In fact it has been one miserable November four and half months now. At least we have some light already.

Now we just need a rainy and cold summer and this will be most miserable year for decades.

nlj

I sat on the beach yesterday (in the UK) and took my gloves off for the first time since October!
There's a freezing wind today though, so my gloves are back on.
Hopeful though :)
Daffodils and hyacinths are poking through in my garden and the cats have been lounging on the grass trying to catch a few rays of warmth.

Castle Queen

Warrior in training
Like you MWM we have had extreme cold. And one day last week it was 56! Only to go back to the 20's the next day. But overall, the temp is trending up, and it's nice not to have the usual spring flood panic,because even with all the school closings we had, we didn't get all that much snow.

witzend

It's 33 degrees and sleeting out. Remind me again why was it we chose NC? I keep saying it was the weather, but it must have been something else, I'm sure.

BusynMember

Honestly. I would KILL for one 60F day!!!! That's my favorite weather of all (not a big fan of 80+ with humidity). But, give me 50-75 and I'm in heaven. Unfortunately, Wisconsin is NOT heaven...lol. This is one of the coldest winters I can remember. And it's still going on. The one day it got above freezing last week the snow was causing little rivers all over the place and some seeped inside my work place and some of the workers stayed until midnight to help clean up the floor (I was not one of them).

LucyJ, now you just posted that to make me jealous (about the beach), right? :) Honestly, if I sat on a beach now, the men in white coats would probably take me away. Yesterday though I did see a few ducks in our river. When they got to the ice part of the river, they walked. When it was water, they swam.

BusynMember

As far as I remember, the only places with good weather most of the time are California and Hawaii. Otherwise, it's too hot or too cold, tornado or hurricane prone or flood prone or a little bit of everything. And California DOES have earthquakes and fires. Does Hawaii have anything?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hawaii has a volcano. lol I believe earthquakes. They get Tsunamis. Also it tends to rain there at least once a day, not long just enough to wet everything down or so it seemed when sis lived there. Does that make you feel better MWM??

I don't mind tornadoes. I can see them coming........and I can spot the typical cloud formations that spawn them from growing up with them.

Heck, I normally don't mind winter so much. But this has been one heck of one and I've had to drive in just about every single darn storm.

pasajes4

82 degrees here in south Texas. My invite remains open. We do not have tsunamis, earthquakes, volcanoes, snow, tornadoes, or hurricanes. We do have heat, humidity and a drought. There is great Mexican food and cold frosty beverages. My door is open 24/7.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
We spent most of the winter with sub-zero nights and single-digit days. A few days in the teens here and there. It is warming up overall, though. Last week we got into the upper 30s for a couple of days. It didn't appear to make a dent in the snow cover. We've got about 3 feet on the ground with higher drifts.

Then there's "plow piles". I've got them on either side of my driveway. About 8 feet tall and didn't appear to melt off much during the warm spell. We're still getting flurries and an inch or two here and there.

They are calling for a late spring up here as if nothing else, the Great Lakes froze over which keeps the air chilled.

txlisa

82 degrees here in south Texas. My invite remains open. We do not have tsunamis, earthquakes, volcanoes, snow, tornadoes, or hurricanes. We do have heat, humidity and a drought. There is great Mexican food and cold frosty beverages. My door is open 24/7.
I lived in south texas for 42 years. We had hurricanes, went through a few! As for snow... it did snow in 1971 and again 2004! Tornado in 2002! Mostly is was just humid, hot and hotter!! I now live in Pennsylvania (why.. I don't know) It has been a terrible winter, about 65 inches of snow and bitter cold. Today will be in the 50's but with the wind will feel like low 40's...tired of wearing a coat!! It has been cold since October. What I miss about south Texas is the winter months, the beach and like you said "great Mexican food"!!

jal

We are waiting too. In CT and have had a ton of cold and snow. Little league practice started for difficult child last weekend and they have had to practice in the school gym. One day on the field this week and back to the gym tomorrow due to rain.

In 3 weeks we are going to Key West for our first ever real vacation. We all cannot wait to feel the warmth.

This winter was harsh. Not to mention the oil bill. Ugh.

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

txlisa

San Antonio misses all the bad stuff. We are situated so that stuff just stops short of us.
I like San Antonio! Been there lots of times! Lived in Corpus Christi. San Antonio got hit with tornadoes freguently when hurricanes came ashore. Some flooding there also. You guys do get snow every once in a great while. And some slight earthquake activity from the balcones fault line that runs through the area.