AUNTIES?!! He's working!

Star*

call 911........call 911
and he likes it. He's been getting up at 5:00 AM - ready for work and the man he works with offered to pick him up. Otherwise I was going to have to get up 2 1/2 hours earlier - 4:30 and me don't get along.

He's packed his lunch.....he's been on time.....he has called the man on days it rained to see if they were working as it's a construction job and he called me last night to tell me and DF that by Friday he would have the money he owes us and be able to pay us in full, PLUS have money for his probation this month saved up, plus have money for a car, insurance and eventually will get his drivers license.

OMG did he say INSURANCE? (giddy me)

I offered to do his finances etc, and help him get established with a bank and he's sorta on the fence about an allowance vs. Mom showing him how to save - but that's okay; live and learn.

Just wanted to share the good news. Oh and this gets the caseworker off his back AND he still has SSI to go through, but said HE got all the paperwork done himself.
(faints on floor)

Even his mood has improved slightly - it was nice to talk to him on the phone and he never asked for a thing but advice.

THIS IS HUGE!!!!!!!
There is HOPE!

OMG moments after posting this - his boss called and said "Star, thanks SO much for introducing me to your son - he's a GREAT worker, I'm glad he's with me. Now I'll be sure to get more jobs, make more money and my wife will be thrilled."

I'm still trying to recover from the grin on my face - I think it reaches my ears.

Last edited:
D

Dollhouse

Wow, that's so great!!! Yay!

I can only pray my son will turn around; one can hope, can't one?

I'm so happy for your son and you! I'll pray this positive upswing will continue to go UP! :D

everywoman

OMG! This is HUGE. I am so proud of Dude-----and of his mom for making him accept responsibility for his choices with love and guidance------
Yeah for all of you up there. My son has a project going up at the lake---he just finished the big CCI condo project---maybe they will run into each other.

C.J.

Something's in the water - my difficult child has been more easy child than difficult child lately.

Doing the happy dance here!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
:cutie_pie:

If this what you're looking for, D3?

Wonderful news, Star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bravo:

Suz

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Starbie, I always knew Dude had it in him. Buried under gfgdom maybe, but it was there. :redface:

I am sooooooooo proud of our Dude that my smile also reaches my ears!!!

You're right, this is HUGE, ENORMOUS!!:beautifulthing::bigsmile:

:happyguy:

Genny

Worlds Best Nana
WOW!

It's like I always said, Star - if we can just save them from themselves until they gain some maturity, they'll make great adults. You done good Mom getting him this far in one piece. HUGE HUGS to you and Dude!!
:musicdance::bravo:

One Proud Auntie

Fran

Former desparate mom
What a wonderful post to read. Everytime one of ours does good I want to celebrate.
:bravo: to dude. Enjoy every second of the glory.
Now to work towards how difficult child deals with the post honeymoon phase of working and money but that's another day. Enjoy this one.
I'm so happy for him and you.

DammitJanet

Go DUDE!

I told you Star...Construction will save some of our kids! LOL. There are more difficult child's in the construction field than anywhere else. I think that is why Tony does so well there. He can handle most of the guys he works with because he is so used to us at home...lol.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Thanks all -

I actually got to SEE him working today - and his boss called and complimented me on his work......I of course told EVERYONE in my family.

Fran - I hear ya - and I'm ready for it through detachment 101....but today he asked if he could have $5.00 (his boss told him he didn't have to work and then called him to come in at noon) so he rushed to get there and didn't have lunch. Then he looked at me while I was digging (old habits die hard) and he said "Well could I borrow $5.00 - I should have said borrow - I'll sign a paper." lol.....OMG that was priceless.

I didn't have the cash so offered him choice of my lunch fruit....he took the apple, hugged me and said "Well I'm off to make money."

IT was just nice to look outside the back door of our office and SEE him working and getting along with others, and taking ORDERS....

This is probably one of the best weeks I've had in years.

And I've lost 6 lbs in the last 2 weeks - I hope someone who wanted weight got it. lol