smallworld

Hi Valentine, typically Bipolar Disorder fuels oppositional behavior (ODD) so if you treat BiPolar (BP), the oppositional behavior subsides.

I see your son is taking Depakote and Seroquel, which are medications that treat BiPolar (BP). Is he being treated by a child psychiatrist? Is his mood stabilizing? Do you feel that things are getting better or worse or staying about the same?

You might want to check out the Child and Adolescent Bipolar Foundation website. There's a lot of good info about pediatric BiPolar (BP) there.

Hang in there and ask any specific questions you might have. We'll try to point you in the right direction for help.

klmno

That is a great website- for general information for parents (check out the different sections on there) and for IEP ideas. Personally, I think bipolar and autism/Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) are becoming the diagnosis of the decade and while it's good that they are noticed more now because they were more than likely under-diagnosied before, they might be over doagnosed these days. However, in my humble opinion, the ideas for parents and IEP's can be beneficial to many of our difficult child's, regardless of the diagnosis.