Can difficult child be trusted with a razor now?

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Well, European Jewish cooking is hardly healthfood, either. Imagine all those tasty fried European specialities...cooked in poultry fat instead of lard.

(you haven't lived untill you've had french fries cooked in duck fat, LoL. I stll do a lot of Jewish cooking, but the European stuff is a very rare treat. I try to cook more of the Mediterrainian specialities.

From what I understand, building a six pack takes a drastic increase in protein consumption as well as supplements.

husband had a "six pack", but in his case it was a matter of being very lean and very muscular at the same time (this is the guy who ruined a hip replacement because once healed he went back to running on the thing.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Tourette's Syndrome, you are doomed (Schmaltz is poultry fat in Jewish cookery, and any sort of animal fat in German). Gribenes are the "cracklings" left after rendering out poultry fat.

They are wonderful! husband and I used to save up chicken and duck and goose fat until we had enough to render out. We'd strain out the gribenes and salt them and eat them standing right at the stove after straining them out. Yummy stuff!