can i get ssi for taken care of my son who gets it

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by needabreak, Feb 11, 2007.

  1. needabreak

    needabreak New Member

    my son has Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD)-not otherwise specified and gets some one told me i could get it to.but i dont know why i mean im not disabled.i am also trying to get ssi for my other son who has adhd and odd and i just found out recently he has a speech and launguge disability.they say it has something to do with how he takes information wish me luck. cause if at least he gets approved i wont have to woory about insuance
  2. OTE

    OTE Guest

    You can only get SSI if you have a disability. There is no such thing as a pmt to someone for caring for a disabled person. I have 2 kids on SSI a couple of years now and my third son and myself are without insur except.... that .... if you meet the income/asset qualifications for SSI then you should qualify for Medicaid in your state... at least your other child should. Whether or not the parent gets it varies by state. In some states, such as mine, there are differences between the different kinds of Medicaid. But it is medication insur and I'm grateful for it.
  3. OTE

    OTE Guest

    One other thought... many states pay for care of a daughter child via state daughter services. If you have not applied for those or are getting them, you could ask about caregiving services so you can work.