Carson's God is an awesome God...

Chaosuncontained

Tonight Carson wanted to make a Youtube video. His 11 year old sister had made him an account, he got on the laptop and recorded himself singing "My God is an awesome God".

I sat there amazed. Where did this come from? In church he lays all over me. Plays with my hair. Goes to the bathroom. Whispers loudly. He doesn't pay attention. This song was sung in our church about 2 months ago. We don't listen to religious music at home or in the car...

I turned and looked at my husband (Carson's stepDad, he used to be a Pastor). husband said to me "That is God's grace".

My boy is so full of surprises. His singing skills leave much to be desired--but I could have listened to him sing (out loud!) all night long.

buddy

Well, it is a catchy tune! I listen to a christian contemporary station a lot in the car because Q is so impressionable. We go to a concert yearly as the guests of my sister. So he tries to sing those songs sometimes. But can't really sing. Your son is probably full of stuff that is just not coming out right now. It is a nice thing to come out though. Says a lot about his learning style. Think you can sing social studies?

Chaosuncontained

It's so funny the things they pick up. I never would have thought he would be paying attention in church--much less remembering a song from 2 months ago. It could have been worse. Could have been Katie Perry's "Last Friday Night". Yet he can't remember why he called his Math teacher a "jerk" (yeah, today).

PS: I am NOT religious. I mean, I believe but I, for the most part, just don't "get it". My husband, on the other hand, was a Pastor for 10 years...and would speak theology to me constantly if I'd let him (which I do NOT). I apologize if anyone was offended by me bring religion up.

buddy

I have often said, if he can memorize EVERY single car number and driver from NASCAR and now all the other races, and the dates like when he first started, when people crashed, when people died, etc. why can't he remember math facts, social studies, science, etc. Of course I know the answer but it is funny that the neuro, pathways are easily accessed under certain conditions!
I'm not very religious either...mostly circumstances. But I do put that radio station on because if Q hears inappropriate words in music he repeats them as usual.

KTMom91

You never know what kids will pick up. Hubby and I "dragged" Miss KT to church, where she behaved a lot like Carson did, was impossible for several years, I wondered if she would even graduate from high school without legal drama of some kind, and after all that? She's a junior at a Christian college, majoring in communications and minoring in Peace Studies.

This from a child who ran my toothbrush through a toilet plugged with poop because I told her to flush her mess, tore her bedroom door off the hinges and threw it at me, punched holes in the wall, smashed my kitchen counter, etc., etc., etc. I never thought we'd get to this point. God works in mysterious ways, His wonders to behold.

Malika

I think children are naturally religious - in the wider sense of spiritual rather than in the sense of sectarian religion. Naturally drawn to a sense of wonder about life. I am not surprised at your Carson :)