Cory is alienating all friends and family now

DammitJanet

All day yesterday and last night I had a niggling thought that Cory was probably arrested, and I wasnt far wrong, but he was only picked up on traffic tickets...again. I so dont understand the cops in this town.

He was out all darn day doing god knows what and came home around 2 am and went through a road block. They got him for driving his car with no license, no insurance, false tags and no registration. All they did was give him tickets and made him park his car on the side of the road and walk home!

Hello!!! He went back and got the stupid car this morning! DUH. In most states he would be rotting in jail. He does have a court date for these tickets in July which I expect they will fry him...but with his luck who knows.

However...a little bit ago his cousins came roaring up to the house banging on the door looking for him. Actually they are his fathers half cousins I think but you get the idea...relatives. Seems that these guys who have been the boys (they are Corys and Jamies ages) friends for years happened to pass Cory on the way to the recycling center this morning. This is a big junkyard type place you go to sell metal for cash.

Well these boys happened to see Corys car loaded down with metal poles and aluminum and tin siding on the way to the center. They had just gone to buy some more poles to put up some chicken pens. They get back to their house and find that Cory had stolen all that stuff in his car from THEM! They were devastated. He had stolen from them before when he was a young teen and wasnt allowed back to their house for years but slowly started being allowed back there and their mom and dad had been so good to him lately. Fed him and all...now this.

I told them to call the law and press charges. I told them that we would not be mad or upset with them in anyway. I know it is a completely foreign concept for most families to call the law on a family member but in this case its the right thing to do. The recycling center will have Corys ID and tag number from selling it. Its an open and shut case. I also know the first thing they wanted to do was beat the crap out of him but if Cory got hurt enough to go to the hospital then the hospital is mandated reporters and I wouldnt want those boys to get into any trouble over something Cory did. That wouldnt be right. Cory needs to pay for this...no one else. Its much better for the cops to be involved and Cory to have more charges pressed against him.

Ok...that would make...11 charges that were already pending...4 from last nite...maybe only 3...then at least 2 from today. what does that make...16 at least? And that doesnt count the charges that he has already been convicted on.

Is it a record to have 20 or so charges before you are 21? Well I guess not. But sheesh. Glad it isnt me, they dont make enough xanax to calm my nerves. Of course, I wouldnt do this to myself.

DammitJanet

Oh but I am supposed to be sooooo pleased with the nice tattoo he managed to get yesterday at some point!

Mumble, mutter, grumble...I will never understand.

KFld

I assume he's still living home?? It's just a matter of time I think before he does something much worse, again!!

Protect yourself please!!!!!

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Sorry back at you Janet. I am sitting here trying to figure out what age it is when they finally "get it". What is the point when the drama is just too much hassle?

Heaving a big sigh on your behalf..

Marcie

meowbunny

I'm sorry. To have your child steal from you is bad enough but when they steal from others that trusted them has to be so more painful. Who knows, maybe one day our kids will grow up and actually do the right thing. We can dream, right?

kris

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> i'd be rethinking bail & finding out what i have to do to get it revoked. i would have thought the traffic charges would have been enough to get him revoked with-o you even getting involved tho i think you'd loose your bail money in that case.

sorry he's continuing on thie path.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

DammitJanet

The money that was put up for bail wasnt mine, it was his. The only thing that was mine was my car title. I have contacted the bail bondsman and they said they really wont revoke him until they see him in court...that is the first time I can do it. Ok...fine. I have told them I will call them when I know something. If he actually gets arrested it will automatically get revoked. At that point he can forget he knows my name. I know what the number from the jail looks like and I wont be picking up.

kris

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> besides, aren't all calls from jails collect....so you can refuse to accept the charges. if he gets revoked you won't loose your car, will you?

kris
</span> </span> </span>

DammitJanet

Only way I would lose my car was if he ran instead of going to court. That wont happen because Cory has no where to go.

I am beginning to get a tad bit irritated though with people who only want to complain about what he does but dont want to call the law on him though. Dont call and tell me what he has done if you wont call the cops. I cant do a darn thing about it. Its not like he is 6 anymore. Now it appears this family isnt going to call the law on him. Why I have no idea. Maybe they intend to beat the crap out of him instead...who knows.

Eventually Cory is going to run into someone that is going to kill him instead of asking questions.

donna723

Janet, it just never stops, does it! I'm so sorry.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear you live down the block from me! Our county is the same way! I don't know what you'd have to do here to actually get arrested and STAY in jail! There are people running around with charges on top of charges on top of more charges - and none of them are in jail.

But I KNOW why it happens here! This is a small rural county. always strapped for money. The jail budget is perpetually over-spent! If they have them locked up in the jail, the county has to feed, clothe and supervise them and pay their medical bills! And a lot of people are reluctant to report things because they know that nothing will be done about it anyway. When I moved from my old house, I had three lawn mowers stolen, a brand new A/C unit, and all the old aluminum siding from the whole backside of the house! Reporting it would have been a waste of my time, so I didn't even bother!

DammitJanet

We are a large rural county...very poor. Same problem here Donna. All industry has left and the main crop is drying up...tobacco.

I feel for you. Don't know what to say. Sorry the cousins won't follow through with the law, I hope they don't really beat him up. Prayers are with you.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet

Looks like your instincts were right on the money this time. I'm sorry. Seems like Cory's determined to dig himself a deep hole this time around. *shakes head*

(((hugs)))

Wow.

:faint:

You already know this of course, Janet ~ but we do not have a voice, not the smallest smidgeon of influence, in anything our difficult child kids decide to do.

We do get the backwash of the consequences, though.

Take care of yourself through this time.

Remember to do that and make time to do that.

Are you still raising Cory's baby?

Barbara