Could this be due to "power surges"??

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
How long have you been on Welbutrin?

Off and on for about 5 years. Usually just in the winter months, but as time as worn on, it's been virtually year round with maybe 3 month breaks here and there. Initially, it was very effective but this past year, not so much. Which is why I was weaning myself off it (with Dr approval) and then was going to try something else. Any suggestions?

Jody

hearts&roses,

I would start charting when you are having the problem. What days you are at your worse and when you feel relief. I found that stress related anger was quite a bit different. With the PMDD, it is so volatile that you cannot be nice and I can tell you there really isn't a way to control it very much. I forget why but Prozac was what my gynecologist said works real well. He prescribes that and it does help greatly. As soon as my period started, I was cured. It was like this month after month. I described this to my Dr, and he said a little prozac won't hurt you and if you have PMDD which I definately believe that you do, in two months time we'll know for certain. First month, I was better. I woke up in a bad mood, but I noticed several times that I normally would have just gone off, I let it go. That was major! If it even helped me not have one escalation that then I was thankful!!!

flutterby

Fly away!
I'm sure there are a lot of people that are helped by Welbutrin without turning into a raving witch. I just haven't met any of them, myself included.

susiestar

Roll With It
Given low pressure, it isn't likely to be caused by that unless it is spiking sharply and that is contributing. I think you would have other problems, like headaches, if that was the issue. I mentioned it so that you could rule it out hopefully and I am glad you have!

flutterby

Fly away!
Lexapro did it for me. It helped immensely. I noticed I wasn't tearing down the highway anymore, people breathing didn't annoy the heck out of me anymore, that kind of thing. I couldn't stand myself, let alone anyone else. I felt toxic. But my issues were so hormonal that when I added Aygestin (synthetic progestin - take it everyday for endometriosis, haven't had a period in years) I found the icing for the cake. It was such a huge difference that after my heart attack I told my doctors that whatever medications they were putting me on better work with those two because I wasn't changing them. Period. :)

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Lexapro helped me, too. I stopped it when we started the IVF... maybe those hormones helped too...