Early Days but WOW what a change

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Hello my dear friends

It has been a number of weeks since I have had time to be on the sight.

Our E has been in long term residential rehab for 10 weeks now. It is difficult to describe the miraculous changs in him with his new found.

He is embracing the program and has had resident of the week twice. He is advancing to the next phase of his program a month early.

The change in him is so incredible. He has gained 35 pounds has gone back to school and is now mentor to a new arrival to the program.

It has not be n all sunshine and roses for him there were some very rough and challenging weeks, yet he has never said he wants to leave nor has he tried to leave.

He has begun to undergo psychological testing and has completed an MMPI with our family psychologist. She shared some of the results and has arranged to meet him and review the results more comprehensively.

The psychiatrist at the rehab has put him as Conduct Disorder and Boardeine Personality Disorder and a working diagnosis. He has indeed displayed many traits that lead to this diagnosis. He improves in leaps and bounds every day.

I cry happy tears every day for his successful journey in rehab. The MH component our therapist feels will be resolve Ovar time with the correct threapy and maintained sobriety.

Thank you all for your tremendous support through this difficult journey.

Triedntrue

Thank you TM. How are things in your world. It is a holiday weekend here in Canada so I am taking time to myself

Mostly catching up on my gd rained out softball games.

Littleboylost

Thank you TM. How are things in your world. It is a holiday weekend here in Canada so I am taking time to myself

Mostly catching up on my gd rained out softball games.
Cold and rainy here yesterday. Still chilly today but it is sunny at least.

Sam3

What beautiful news to come across.

I would imagine that all the choices you put him to felt risky and unknown, even when you knew there were few choices left, that weren’t enabling. And now he’s been introduced to all this support and knowledge and he’s owning it.

I’m so, so glad for all of you.

BloodiedButUnbowed

Have been thinking about you LBL. You and I have sure been through a lot in the last year.

I am delighted to hear that E is making progress and has accepted the program. That is the best possible news!

I am sorry for the diagnosis of borderline as that is a terrible illness with a deep stigma, but I am overjoyed that E is working hard in therapy and his clinicians are optimistic that he will be a success story.

I am also VERY proud of you for taking on a leadership role as an activist for youth with mental health issues, this is imperative and the situation isn't much better in the US.

If E has inherited any of your determination and will, I am sure he has a very happy, drug free and successful adulthood ahead of him.

So glad to hear from you!!

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
LBL

So glad E has found the right path and has been clear headed long enough to see the needs to make these changes. I pray that he stays on this path for good.

Take one day at a time and rejoice in today.

Hugs.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
LBL, I've been thinking about you and was so happy to read your post......you'd been thru so much and always responded to E's travails with love AND strong boundaries.....and to see such positive, healthy results must offer you much solace and optimism......thank you for the uplifting post!

startingfresh

LBL, this is wonderful news to read. I was hoping not hearing from you meant good things. I am extremely happy for you and pray that this healing and growth continues.

Helpless29

Hello my dear friends
What wonderful news!!Im so happy for you
It has been a number of weeks since I have had time to be on the sight.

Our E has been in long term residential rehab for 10 weeks now. It is difficult to describe the miraculous changs in him with his new found.

He is embracing the program and has had resident of the week twice. He is advancing to the next phase of his program a month early.

The change in him is so incredible. He has gained 35 pounds has gone back to school and is now mentor to a new arrival to the program.

It has not be n all sunshine and roses for him there were some very rough and challenging weeks, yet he has never said he wants to leave nor has he tried to leave.

He has begun to undergo psychological testing and has completed an MMPI with our family psychologist. She shared some of the results and has arranged to meet him and review the results more comprehensively.

The psychiatrist at the rehab has put him as Conduct Disorder and Boardeine Personality Disorder and a working diagnosis. He has indeed displayed many traits that lead to this diagnosis. He improves in leaps and bounds every day.

I cry happy tears every day for his successful journey in rehab. The MH component our therapist feels will be resolve Ovar time with the correct threapy and maintained sobriety.

Thank you all for your tremendous support through this difficult journey.

Littleboylost

Thank you all so very much. I promise not to be off the site for such a long spell. We are emotionally exausted but in a good way now.

Last edited: