Found a mobile home that I like.

Jody

I found a mobile home that I like, guy bought a house and is selling this one real cheap. It has all the things I wanted, a closed in patio room, shed, fenced yard, 2 bedrooms, and hardwood flooring in the kitchen. No paneling. Yippee. I don't have the entire amount, about 2500.00 short. Need prayers that this will somehow work out. I would not have to pay a mortgage payment. 283.00 per month lot rent. It has vinyl siding. I need this, please keep your fingers crossed for me that I can get a loan or something for the remainder 2500.00

A fenced yard for the dogs. Yeah, and for me to garden, I would so love that!!!!!

recoveringenabler

Staff member
sounds perfect for you, I'm sending prayers, warm wishes, board ju ju, hopes that the $2500 comes to you easily and quickly............

Malika

Fingers crossed, Jody. I hope it works out for you. (ps, have you got a name for that puppy, yet? :))

Jody

Thanks everyone.

We named her Nyla. Sher is adorable. I am hoping difficult child can help me put pictures up.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Fingers crossed, positive juju, good thoughts, nekked chicken dance (it's so hot everyone will think my brain fried) and praying hard you get it. Any chance the guy will come down that much more if he knows he'll get it in full?

InsaneCdn

What kind of % of total price is that (no, don't give me exact)... around here, if it's less than 25% of appraised value, the bank would give you a home-owners line of credit.

Jody

you guys are good, he came down a thousand dollars, now i only got to come up with 1500.00. I just love you guys, I really mean it too. You are the best.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Nekked chicken dance does it every time. :rofl:

I could do it again..........he might take it down another grand to get me to quit. :cutie_pie::redface:

Woot!

Jody

I might have come up with the money. She is the mom, I always wished I had when I was growing up. But I have her now, and that's all that matters. I have a question, the guys has two pugs, and I can tell that he didn't always get them outdoors when he should have. It has a dog odor, and the carpets need replaced. Which I would do before I moved in anyway, but my question is. I wouldn't have to replace the floors would, I? A new carpet pad and carpeting would be enough. Its not terrible, terrible, so I am pretty sure that it could be fixed, without entore new floors. Does anyone know?

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Bad news. lf they peed in the house it's soaked through the pad and the underlayment will need to be replaced. l went through this with my mobile home.

No matter how well housebroken your dogs are they will hit spots where the other dogs peed and they will be able to smell it through the new carpet and padding.

lt's not a cheap job and one that will require you staying elsewhere while the work is done.

Jody

Oh wow, that is not good news. I called a mobile home place that said as long as the floor is not rotted or damaged then there is a product called kilz that will help with that. I am going to have a construction person go over there and see what can be done.

LittleDudesMom

I was thinking the same thing as recovering. I'm guessing you already have a signed contract? Was there any kind of inspection clause? I would suggest looking into having the carpet pulled up to check and see the extent of the damage. I've never heard of kilz being used for pet odor - we use it as a base coat in certain painting situations. If you were going to replace the carpet at your own expense anyway, then it's not a big deal if the damage has not gotten through to the subfloor. But, if it has, you are looking at a more expensive job and might want to ask the seller to split the cost or come down on the selling price.

Sharon

busywend

Zinsner Binn (probably spelled wrong) is the paint used in fire restoration - it covers all odors!
But, the hardwood floors....even if they look clean, but the smell is in them....that is another story.