Fran

trinityroyal

How did your eye surgery go?

Hoping that everything's clear as a bell, and you have a quick and uncomplicated recovery.

Trinity

Fran

Former desparate mom
You are so thoughtful trinity.
Esther, it's corrective eye surgery. Nothing serious. My vision changed to the point that night driving and long distance driving were much more
difficult. That and if I were reading and looked at the TV my vision was quite blurry.
They do the same surgery as for cataracts except they insert something called a crystal lens.
I can see distance perfectly with no glasses or contact lens. It was amazingly simple, pain free and quick.
I'm so excited to wake up at night and be able to see the time on the clock.
I am just not allowed to bend over or lift anything for 24 hrs, then back to normal life. I can even fly on Sunday.

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Wow! Eye surgery that gives you the ability to fly! That's really something! :rofl:
Okay all kidding aside, glad your surgery went well, Fran.

Peace

trinityroyal

Fran, thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that the surgery went well. It must be strange and wonderful to be able to see clearly in situations where you couldn't before.

Nancy

Fran I'm glad the surgery went so well. I would give anything to be able to correct my eyes so I didn't have to wear both bifocal contacts AND readers but was told that it won't work for astigmatism. The night driving bothers me a lot too.

Nancy

Fran

Former desparate mom
Too bad Nancy. I don't really know the criteria. I started out thinking laser surgery since I didn't know anything about
crystalens. The secondary gain is that I won't ever get cataracts.
Modern science keeps moving forward.