Getting help for me

JJJ

Kanga and Eeyore's therapist recommended that I get help for me. I'm taking her words to heart. I had a complete physical and passed with flying colors :smile: I am overweight but all my blood work is very healthy so the only recommendation was to exercise more. My doctor put me on buspar (sp?) and xanax as needed to help my stress levels. I have found a therapist in my town that specializes in grief and parenting so I hope to have an interview with her soon to see if she's a match for some therapy for me, although I still need to check my insurance to see if they cover any of it.

Kanga is back in school today so it is a relief, even though Tigger is home --again.

kris

good for you. it's so much easier to deal with-the difficult child stuff when you're not sinking in your own quicksand.

kris

Janna

J,

You are so brave. Good for you :bravo:

I need to do the same, but haven't. No time. No energy. No desire.

I'm so happy to hear you're healthy. Hope the medications help.

Hugs!

Janna

JJJ

Thanks Kris & Janna.

Having my mom back in town helps so much. She is the only one that can handle my 4 at the same time.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I went to my therapist yesterday and let me tell you it really helps just to vent, to discuss things etc. She is our "difficult child's" therapist (wink-wink) but she will take us one on one or as a family etc. If you now what I mean.... husband goes to the next meeting. It really helps all of us and she feels it is better for all of us as a family.

Yesterday I just let it all out!!! It really felt good....

LittleDudesMom

:bravo:

JJJ,

good for you. We get so wrapped up in handling our kids, especially when they are young, we forget about handling ourselves. Glad you are getting help both professionally and momerly!

Sharon

JJJ

Thanks all.

It really hit me yesterday when I had to do 2 restraints on 2 different kids within 10 minutes of each other, then had 2 kids run at the same time (in opposite directions) after having chased down a 3rd earlier that morning, that my life is tough. Every so often it hits me that I'm not going to get a "normal life" that I will always be the mother of special needs children, that there will always be losses associated with that. That most people I meet will never "get" my life. That I wish very very much that I didn't "get" my life either. But que sera, sera.

Small victories - Kanga had a good first day at her new school. My mom stayed at my house and watched Tigger all day. Eeyore cried alot but we got his homework done in less than 30 minutes!!!

Fran

Former desparate mom
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>I'm a big believer in taking care of myself so I can handle difficult child and regular life in a position of control and not over emotionally.
You are wise to take the advice. You will handle situations that come with gfgville better. Good for you!</span>

JJJ

Kanga had another rage tonight. I'm in so much pain, my muscles cramped while restraining her :frown: Took my first Xanax, hope it helps me sleep...

The one good thing is she came out of this rage and was able to express that she had been overwhelmed with fear from starting the new school today and even though it went well she needed to vent all that emotion.

busywend

OK. Right now it is not about her, her rage, or her reaction to her rage.

Take some 'me' time right now. Do not even think about your children. It is actually tough to do sometimes. You may need practice.
You just had a major stressor - now take some time to let it go.

HUGS!!