Getting more worried...I think my GP may be closed for the holiday.

DammitJanet

Cory and I had our monthly psychiatrist appointment today and we took the girls to Monkey Joe's to play before hand. They had a blast and Cory is just so natural at this dad thing...lol. He walks in with the diaper bag slung over one shoulder, McKenzie in one arm and Keyana holding his other hand. The moms all turned and looked like it was a rare species...a dad alone with kids!

But anyway, while we were there I kept trying to call my GP because they had told me on Friday they were going to try to get me an emergency appointment with a GI doctor. I didnt get any calls and when I called them, no one answered. All weekend I still havent been able to eat anything other than the occasional runny egg. Anything harder comes up or out and causes really horrible cramps and spasms.

Now when we get to our psychiatrist, my blood pressure was high. 160/94. And now I have evidently developed an acute case of bronchitis. I think. I am coughing a lung up. Tony is too. I would hazard a guess that Keyana brought a virus into our home, not the other way around! She is perfectly fine by the way. I sound like a seal and am eternally grateful for depends.

I dont know what Im gonna do if my doctor isnt around to make a referral but I dont think he is gonna be. I think I am stuck. And smelling food is making me so sick I cant stand it. And tony expects me to cook and I simply cant.

FlowerGarden

If your doctor is away and doesn't have a covering doctor to help you, I'd go to the hospital. Hugs to you and hope you feel better soon.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet, go to the ER. Don't wait, go!

Odds are very high your GP is out for the holiday. You can't wait. You need to be seen NOW.

(((hugs)))

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Janet - go to the ER - NOW please. You dont want to add dehydration on top of everything else. Please have one of your kids take you in.

Marcie

LittleDudesMom

Janet, we are sounding like a broken record, but if you haven't done so, please seek immediate medical care. The blood pressure indicates something not right (most of us get a slight spike when in pain or sick) and your inability to eat for this long is dangerous.

Healing hugs,
Sharon

klmno

How are you this morning? I hope you are going to the ER today if you didn't go last night. Please check in and let us know. If they aren't doing anything effective there, it's not a bad idea to call Jamie or Billy and let one of them get you to a better hospital.

DammitJanet

I cant call Jamie, he just left on a two week vaca to NC of all places...lol. He is staying this week in Jacksonville NC and then coming here for next week. I will get Tony to take me to the ER tonight if he will. I cant go during the day today because I will have Keyana when Mandy heads into work and there is no one else to watch her. Tony will throw a fit at going at night because it takes forever.

If Tony is going to be that upset, he can just drop you off. You need to go there, forget the gp. If Billy is around, can he take you and then watch Keyanna until everyone else gets home? This sounds serious.

Calamity Jane

Janet,
If you are this ill for this long, you God forbid, may have a slight rupture in your colon or a serious blockage. You must go to the ER, as unappetizing as that sounds. No pun intended lol.

Speaking of Depends, they make a new product called Silhouette, which look and feel like real panties (or bloomers, as we call them in my house). They're a little more expensive, but they are not bulky at all. Don't ask how I know this, just take my word for it!!

DammitJanet

Oh gosh...if this doesnt beat all. I got a call today with an appointment for the GI doctor. Its for the 11th. yeah great I know but first thing available. However, that is also the date of my pain management appointment. I called them to reschedule and they are giving me grief over it.

Now I wasnt happy about this appointment with pain management anyway because they want to so some procedure on me called an epidural block and I really hadnt agreed with the doctor to do it when we were talking about it in the exam room, he just went ahead and scheduled it. He told me about it, I said well it sounds interesting and I would consider it and he took that to mean I would do it I guess. I didnt mean I would do it the next appointment though! Of course when I told the women at the front desk when they made the appointment I didnt want to have the procedure at the next appointment they said since he ordered it, they couldnt change it. I have no idea why. I mean this makes no sense to me. Why dont I have any say? Actually, if want something like this done, I would rather be seen by the neurosurgeon first. Still have to go there. I really have much on my plate.

They dont seem to want to realize that I have a ton on my plate and need to see the doctor, get my medications, deal with this stomach issue, then we can talk about "procedures". I really dont trust these folks for much other than pills. But I need to keep the pills coming steady. Now Im waiting for them to call me back. This is idiotic.

I should be able to decide if I want someone basically performing an invasive procedure on me. And when. Not having it forced on me.