GoingNorth (I think???)

mstang67chic

Going Green
Just had something happen that made me think of you! (It WAS you wasn't it???)

:rofl:

Went out on the porch to check on momma cat's food and water as she "buries" her food with blankets and/or clothing she's drug out of storage tubs and sometimes will inadvertantly soak up all of her water.

Anyhoo....I poked my head over the "nursery" to check on the babies and one of the kittens hissed so hard at me she knocked herself over backwards.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Yup...congratulations! You are now an official member of the "UGLEE"!!!!! club. If you haven't already; you need to get started on handling those little tykes so they are socialized when it is time to find them new homes.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I have...try to handle each of them daily...sometimes twice daily. I just don't want to over do it as their eyes are just now fully open. Wives tale or not....I still like to be careful. But when I handle them, I pet, I snuggle, I hold....anything to let them get my scent and get used to being touched and handled.

I chuckled at husband the other day. He hasn't really seen them much so he was handing them to me so we could see if we had boys or girls. Of course they are mewing....upset about being snagged from their warm snuggle pile and upset about having their backsides inspected. husband got this concerned look on his face and told me to "Don't hold them like that! They don't like it!" :rofl: I wasn't holding them in a bad way...they were just being kittens but he's never really been around any that young. Cracked me up.

mstang67chic

Going Green
What one? The one that hissed at me? LOL Sorry...she's one of the ones that are spoken for. Can I interest you in (huh....how ironic) one of the "twins"?

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
So sad but our Maine coon who came to us as a stray in Maine (where else?) has just been diagnosed with cancer. I don't know how many years he spent out in the cold without a home. He is "about" 12 y.o.

I need to grieve this one before I take on another pet.

I just liked the idea that you had an "attack cat".

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I can't take on another one right now, either. I have an 8-ish year old Siamese mix and an 8 year old German Shepherd. They are incredibly tightly bonded and I don't want to mess that up.

Plus, Jakey only uses a litter pan under duress, and he's not too dependable then. I wind up letting him out to do his business, even when its wintry out.

In addition to not wanting to mess up the bond between the critters; I don't want another cat that will pick up Jake's dirty habits.

flutterby

Fly away!
Don't look at me. I already have 6. And that's just the cats.

So cute that she threw herself backwards. Little girl doesn't know her own strength.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Aren't they so cute????

I checked on ours today and they all hissed at me (but not that hard) and I thought "apparently we've had too many kittens" because the lods have stopped packing them around non-stop. By this point, the other litters didn't hiss at all!