Good Morning Friday

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Another cold but dry day today. I left yesterday's washing on the line to help it finally dry through. I hate waiting for washing to dry in winter. I also got difficult child 3 to do a bit more work on his history assignment. He refuses to do a mind-map, says it will take too long. Then as he headed off to play (he had spent an hour and a half on the task, he had reached the time limit he had set himself) I told him that his reason for not doing a mind map - that it would waste too much time - no longer held validity, that tomorrow morning he and I would again work on his essay and BEGIN with a mind map. From there, he would finally have a sense of direction for what should be a very simple, 500 word essay.

I also reminded him that it's 2 weeks overdue, and he's now out of time.

One thing about cold weather - there are fewer distractions!

mother in law's eyes seem to be slowly recovering from yesterday's surgery, I rang her earlier. difficult child 1 didn't come home for dinner, he IS supposed to call. I am going to have to nag him when he comes in - he has to get out of these habits or he will forget, and do this to girlfriend once they are married.

Tomorrow - after hopefully helping difficult child 3 to get his essay finished, he plans to play with his friends (they should be home from soccer by lunchtime). I'm hoping to get some cooking done, or some gardening, or some sewing. It depends on the weather and whatever else happens.

Enjoy your Friday.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:dance: Happy Friday Morning!!!

Hope this Friday morning finds everyone looking forward to a fun and relaxing weekend with the family.

Marg, hearing you talk about difficult child 3's homework makes me happy it's summer here and no school!! Hope mother in law recovers quickly!

My mother arrives for another visit today. She is back on her way north from her visit with her sister in Charlotte. I expect her to arrive early this afternoon. Fortunately, my cleaning crew was already scheduled for this morning!!

I am sore this morning. I did the Power Hour last night at the gym and we spent 40 minutes on arms!! My lower neck and the muscles on the back of my shoulders are crying this morning! I took a couple Alieve.......

Wishing everyone a great Friday and a good Free Choice :cheer_up:- My philosophy - If the eyes opened this morning, it's a good day!!!!

Sharon

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

Marg, I hope your mother in law feels much better today!!! I hope difficult child 3 gets that history assignment done as smoothly, quickly and painlessly as possible for both of you!!!

Today I'm a bit tired but really can't complain as easy child and I spent several hours at the beach yesterday.:beach:

Today and tomorrow, it's a bit of work, housecleaning, and lots of errands... I think I'll have some more:yawn::coffee2:, go for a walk and then get ready to begin the day...

Lots has happened but I haven't been around much lately. Maybe I'll have some time to get caught up this weekend...

As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today:D:flower: WFEN

Sharon (LDM), Sorry I missed you!!! I LOVE your new philosophy, lol!!! I hope your visit with your mother goes well. After the power hour at the gym, the Aleve was a great idea!!! Hope it helps!!! WFEN

LittleDudesMom

WFEN, it's not a new philosophy - it's one I've lived with for the last 30 years or so - I just decided to share it this morning! It got me through some dark days. If I was thankful and acknowledged a blessing in my life upon waking, I could start the day on a positive note! Enjoy your walk.

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marg-Sounds like a busy day at your house. Clothes on the line in the winter-good for you. Our neighborhood association doesn't allow clothes lines and I sure do miss them. I did hear a story on the news the other day about a woman who got all the way to work before noticing a bat was in her bra-yikes! Apparently she didn't shake her clothes out when she took them off the clothes line!

Sharon-Sorry you are so sore! Forty minutes on arms is a long time! I hope the visit with your mom goes well!

WFEN-I'm glad you and easy child had a day at the beach yesterday! It sounds relaxing! Enjoy your walk!

I'm very tired this morning. Last night after I went to bed and had fallen asleep for about 15 minutes I heard what sounded like a knock. husband was still up and heard it too, so did the dog. It turned out to be nothing but freaked me out enough that I ended up reading and doing soduko puzzles much later than I needed to be up. Then the thunder rumbled, loudly at times, all night long!

I'm supposed to go to the pool this afternoon as the forecast has been for high 80s and sunny all week long. Right now we're under a flash flood warning but they think it will still be sunny by this afternoon. We'll see.

This morning after dropping off difficult child we'll head to the club. It's our longer workout because we have weights and cardio.

Wishing everyone a day filled with laughter and smiles.:peaceful:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Marg, another busy day for you - keeping good thoughts that mother in law feels better soon.

Sharon (ldm), you seem to be a stopping point (depot) for mother on her travels. Must be your central location.
;)

WFEN, don't work too hard on your chores - it's summer. You can always clean when you're stuck in the house during winter. :bigsmile:

Sharon (with-o), I didn't sleep last night - mostly due to my sleep pattern, partially due to the major thunderstorms passing through. I hope you get a nap or two in today.

kt is off to respite this afternoon :dance:! Can we say YAY?:happyguy::cheerleader:

husband has made his "LONG" commute to work - up to his office. kt is ready for school & I'm planning my day. Really not much to plan. A bit of paperwork, making sure kt is packed & ready for respite & napping.

husband & I are setting off the last of our fireworks tonight if it doesn't storm again all night.

Have a calm day all. :flowers:

Andy

:jumphappy::woohoo::jumphappy:

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY
:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

Marguerite - I love hanging out clothes but don't usually have time before leaving for work. Hope difficult child can focus on his assignment in the morning.

Little Dudes Mom - Have fun with your mom. Hopefully your soreness will be gone by then. Yep, it will be a good day.

Wishing - Wake up!!! Lots to do but it will be good and go well.

Wiped Out - You are living up to your name this morning. Hopefully once you are up and about you will wake up. We had storms also last night that started to get severe so I asked difficult child if he wanted to come into our room. And wonders of wonders - he said "no, that he was o.k."!!! What a great sign of his healing and overcoming some anxieties.

So, incase you haven't caught on yet, I am having a fantastic day!!!! difficult child and I will head up to Fargo in about 20 minutes. Gotta get the oil changed on the van, shop for some Vacation Bible School materials, therapist appointment at 11:00, lunch, neurologist appointment at 1:00, more shopping, hearing doctor appointment at 3:30, and we will go from there as to when to come home! Yep, busy day but it will be good. I must be goofy to be so happy about facing a day with this schedule?

Happy Friday to everyone - especially those who may have snuck in!