Good morning Wednesday/NYE

Marguerite

G'day, friends.

It's heading for midnight and New Year's Day here. I just snuck out from our gathering at mother in law's to come home and take my painkillers, with a Berocca chaser. The summer cold that the relatives brought with them from the other side of the country, has finally taken hold of me. husband is in about the same condition, and just as I left mother in law's, I heard difficult child 3 coughing. It's got him, too. He's about a day behind us.

We had a lovely morning at the beach today, although I did pick up a little more sun on my chest than I intended. The rest of me is OK though, although getting darker all the time. Isn't it weird how we all seem to be trying to change our colour to the opposite of what we were born with?

Tomorrow is also forecast to be hot, although the news forecast and the internet forecast are about 10 C apart in their estimations.

Today at the beach - the water was beautifully clear, shading from brilliant blue to turquoise to green. I collected a few shells and gave a few to the nieces. mother in law came along too, we went to a second beach after sunning ourselves, and took her for a walk in the water where it was calmer and safer for her. I think sister in law is shocked to see how much weaker mother in law is, in just a few weeks. However, she is also fighting this cold we've all caught, that always slows her down too.

It's a warm night tonight although I'm feeling a bit chill, I pulled on a cotton sweater. I think it's the mild fever from the cold. Blast it! What a way to start the new year!

1 hour, 45 minutes to go and counting!

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:rudolph: Good Wednesday Morning!!!

Marg, looks like you have about 20 minutes until you ring in the New Year! So, I will say it now :happy_new_year: Happy New Year Marg and Family!!!!!

easy child arrived home from her big New York Shopping spree! We did the whole fashion show thing! She was home for two hours then back out with friends to go to a show (bands) downtown. Social, social, social.....

I'm planning on hitting the office early this morning so that I don't have to go in tomorrow. Just a couple salaried paychecks and a reminder to bonehead on mailing some bills.....

I'm making lasagna this afternoon. The kids have asked what I was going to cook in my new Fiestaware lasagna dish they bought me for Christmas. "Why lasagna of course!" So I will cook it this afternoon and we will have an early dinner. easy child will be going out to our local New Year celebration and difficult child and I are going about 25 minutes away for a last look at Christmas lights with friends as soon as the sun sets. There are about six houses together that have timed their lights to music and want you to get out of the car and walk around and look.

difficult child and I will return home and ring in the New Year with a bottle of sparkling grape juice!

Wishing you a great day and a safe evening.

Sharon

smallworld

Happy New Year's Eve Day!

Marg, Happy New Year to you! I hope you all are on the mend soon.

LDM, easy child sure is a busy bee these days. Enjoy your lasagna and evening with difficult child.

As for many years in the past, we're hosting a New Year's Eve party with a few close friends and their kids. When the kids were little, we started at 6 pm, had a casual dinner and then trotted out the sparkling cider and noisemakers at 9 pm. Everyone left soon after so they could put their kids to bed. The kids are getting older so I won't be surprised if everyone lasts until 10 pm this year. My own kids will try to stay up to watch the ball drop in Times Square (J and A should make it, but I'm not sure about M) and then head right off to bed. I suspect husband will fall asleep on the couch while we're waiting for midnight, as he usually does.

I'll be busy cooking today. While lasagna and homemade mac n cheese are already in the freezer, I'll be putting together a layered vegetable casserole this morning. We're also having salad, garlic bread and blondies and brownies for dessert. Not exactly a healthy way to ring in the new year, but definitely yummy.

Wishing you and yours only the best in the coming year!

Jena

Marg Happy New Year!!!! :)

Sharon Hope your day is a good one, sounds busy. Glad easy child had fun in city on her shopping spree, those can be fun.........

Me, i'm heading into work to a orientation thingy, than back home to stay with kids. n o plans tonight just home with snacks and watch ball drop :)

i hope everyone has a great day!! Happy almost new year

K

Kjs

Happy New year to everyone. Hope the New Year rings in a great year for all.
Hope everyone's holidays are settling down and families are getting back to normal. LOL whatever that may be.

I have only a few errands today, sleep and work tonight. I start my shift at Midnight, so will leave my home about 11pm and arrive at work to ring in the new year. Afraid it may be a horrendous night. I work in the Data Center running the Mainframe. I have a feeling all passwords and programs will fail due to the new year.
That would require phone calls to analysts throughout the night. Oh well. Guess that is why they make the big $$. Trouble is, experience tells me most of these people are out at parties and in no shape to logon and fix the issues!

Back from our Wisconsin Dells Trip...Please see post in Watercooler. Want to know if I was wrong or not.

4timmy

Good morning and Happy New Year to all!!

Not a lot planned here for me today. I'm at work hoping they will let us go early. husband is taking difficult child to grandparent's house this evening so that we can go have a nice dinner and just be a couple........ it's been 3 months since our last date...... sigh.... It's sad, but I'm missing difficult child already.:sad-very:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning all. Happy New Year to those that celebrate. It's a good time to set those personal goals.

difficult child is in Philly with some friends. Yay! I love when he has a semblance of a social life.
easy child is planning to going out to a late dinner with a girlfriend and friends. Yay.

husband and I will have steaks on the grill tonight. Nothing planned but I should have invited some guests over but I haven't quite gotten over the Christmas thing and my house is pretty messy.
Having mom here is a bit disruptive to the routine. I think she is ready to go home on Saturday. We are too boring. LOL. I made her get out and walk a bit in the driveway with her walker. It was glorious weather so she did get some fresh air and watched as I cleaned out the debris from the cars.

I'm ready to attack the tree and put them decorations away for another year.

Have a beautiful day.

Andy

:frozen::happy_new_year::frozen:
HAPPY FROZEN NEW YEAR'S EVE
Marg - Happy New Years to you. I hope you can all chase that cold away. We have the same problem with with forecasts here; the internet, the t.v., and the radio will all have different forecasts. It is -22 F here per t.v. station.

Little Dude's Mom - Enjoy the Christmas lights tonight! The six house display sounds wonderful.

Smallworld - Sounds like a fun evening!

Jennifer - Best of luck today! I am looking forward to a report tonight.

Kjs - I would think passwords and programs should be set up to handle the new year. The Y2K scare on year 2000 took care of programs thinking ahead to be prepared for the year change. I hope your night goes well.

It is super cold here today. I decided to go into work instead of driving to Brainerd. With -24 F this moment (it said -22 when I was typing to Marg), there are dangerous wind chills - not good to be outdoors for any length of time. We have a reliable vehicle but don't want to take that chance.

The outdoor temp taker I gave husband only goes to 0 degrees F so that will do us no good this winter.

difficult child mentioned that the neighbors two doors down is having a party. I think we might be invited?

husband wanted me to look up a phone number in www.whitepages.com but this laptop is so junky right now. It took me five minutes just to find one phone number and it was the wrong person so I told him to find another computer and do it himself. I also told him I need a new computer - this one is almost worthless (at least I can come here and do solitare - I can't even send e-mails to many people - an empty message goes to them!)

husband will drop me off at work and take the van on errands.

Everyone have a great day today. Find a way to make your difficult child laugh.

Andy

I just knew people would sneak in on me!

Good morning 4Timmy and Fran!

4Timmy - My first real date with husband after many years of none was on our 15th anniversary. I was dressed up and walking difficult child to a neighbor's when difficult child looked at me and said, "Why are you dressed up? No one looks at you except Daddy." Then husband didn't notice a major haircut so he doesn't look at me either. LOL

Fran - Some years it does seem that the New Year is too close to Christmas. Having a visitor in the home does add to the daily stress (not that it is bad stress, just different).